Chapter One

If you are new and want to read a Damon and Elena fanfic, you can read it too! This story was my first fanfic, and I didn't have much experience with writing. If you want a better reading experience you should read my new story called Delena Deception. I know for those that have been following this took me a while to do, but here it is. I am kind of proud of it; I have only released the prologue. Let me know what you all think! 

It is under my profile. Click on my "Author name" and you will find it under here. I have taken this time to improve my writing, and I feel that I am a better writer in this recent story. Please support and comment on the prologue. It will mean the world to me, if at least a few of you read the prologue. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys, this is my first fanfic so please bare with me. DISCLAIMER: This story is purely fictional, and I have no hate towards Nikki and Shaun. 

Nina's POV:

I have a met gala today, I am not really looking forward to it like I did for the others. Something just feels off, I don't know what. I get out of bed and call my assistant Joe who is helping me get ready tonight.

"Hi Joe, what time should I come to the hotel to get ready today?" 

"Hey Nina! Come around 5pm, it shouldn't take us too long." Joe replied

"Ok! Great see you then."

It's currently 9 am, I still have a few hours before I have to go to Joe's house. I have literally no plans today other than the event I have to attend. I decide that I should probably get ready and make some breakfast.

-----------

While making breakfast, I hear a soft knock on my door. 

"COMING!" I say as I make my way to the door.

As I open the door, I am surprised to see my boyfriend Shaun.

"Hey..." I say unsure of why he didn't call to let me know he was coming.

"Hi Nina, I heard you have to attend a Met Gala tonight, and I thought you might need a date." He said winking at me.

I had forgotten that I needed to have a date. I was just so used to going by myself for all these years that I didn't realize I have someone to go with.

"OMG! yes of course I was going to call to ask you that duh." I say with a bit of sarcasm, hoping that the sarcasm would hide the fact that I forgot about him.

He kisses me and makes his way to the couch. 

"Smells good in here! " He exclaims

"Yea, I was just cooking before you decided to come." I replied while laughing.

I hadn't realized this until now, but Shaun made me happy. He allowed me to be myself, when everyone around me expected me to act differently. Just the thought of settling down scares the heck out of me.

-------------------------------------------

I spent the next few hours with Shaun, trying to get to know him better and I realized we had more in common then I thought. 

I checked the time and it was 4:30 pm, almost time to go to Joe's place. As I start to wear comfortable clothes to wear to Joe's house; I hear another knock on the door. Confused as to who it might be, I subconsciously ask Shaun to answer it.

"Who is it?" I ask hearing a familiar voice at the door. 

"It's Ian." Shaun says with little to no emotion in his voice.

(((A/N)That's the first chapter guys. I don't know if anyone would even read this, but I am a diehard nian fan. However, I also respect Ian's marriage and his child with Nikki. And I am also very happy that Nina is happy. I am trying to make this as realistic as possible. Thankyou for reading.