Ch. 20

The door rambled open with one eye peeping out.
The door closed. The sound of the top chain link lock being removed echoed through the door.
Ash opened the door long enough for me to get in. He shouldered the door closed until the old and rickety lock moved into its respective place.
We sat on his couch and starred at the coffee table. Ash dirty blonde hair was spiky and wet, fresh with the smell of fragrant wash.
The spring in the couch rustled as he got up and headed to the kitchen. I picked up the remote and turned on the TV, an old cartoon playing about a cat and a mouse filled the room with music.
Glad to know this is what Ash watches.
He came back with two mugs in his hands.
"Here's some coco."
I thanked him.
I took a long sip on the desired liquid. It coated my throat in a soothing manor.
"Do you want to talk?" Ash said with a comforting gaze.
"No. Not really. Not at all actually. I'd rather just lay here."
"So you don't want to tell me what happened?" He said with a feigned ignorance. I rolled my eyes at his antics.
"The great Percy left speechless as she arrives at my doorway. How nice?"
I shoved his hand away from my face and pouted with my bottom lip quivering.
"Ash... he.. he knows."
Ash's eyes went wide.
"He knows?! How did that happen?"
"He can see and something with Nico came up, and... gods! I ruin everything. Nothing right ever happens! I have to ruin everything good."
Tears welled up in my eyes as Ash put his hand around my shoulder. I'm not one for crying, but the last year of my life has seemed like I cry more than a waterfalls downpour.
"Did you talk about it? To him?" Ash said crinkling his forehead and eyebrows in worry.
I looked down at the steaming chocolate in my hand.
"No." I said in a whisper. Gods I'm dumb. I just had to open my big mouth.
"You should probably start there."
Ash, always being right, gave the best advice.
"Now onto the real problem," Ash said with importance lacing his words. "do you want the couch or bed?" A small smile graced my features. I could always trust Ash to brighten my day.
"You know what? I think I'll take the couch this time. You've earned the bed." I said half-heartedly.
He smiled a white and toothy grin.
"Need any clothes? A shower?"
"That would be nice." I said graciously.
"You know where it's at. I'll bring you some clothes outside the door."
I got up off of the creaking couch and made my way to the bathroom. I opened the stained door to a pearly white and clean bathroom only a clean freak could uphold.
I turned to the cabinet and pulled out a towel, blue obviously. The shower curtain moved with my hand to the back of the shower. I turned on the water, letting it heat to a lava like hotness.
I took off my clothes, layer after layer.
The water was hot. It burned my skin and refreshened my mind with its soothing bursts. It took my mind off of all of the shitty things I can't seem to keep my mind away from.
I was in there for about 15 minutes before I got out and dried my self off with the navy blue towel. Under the door was a sliver of cloth. Ash, being extra, dropped it off as if it was a little letter, waiting to be pulled through the crack of the door.
I put on the muted yellow shirt and black basketball shorts. I walked out of the bathroom, hair soaking the carpeted ground. Ash had already went off to bed, our two mugs in his draining board.
I slumped onto the couch and let the concave of blackness consume me.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/Time Skip-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
Dick didn't show up at the coffee shop that day. Or the day after. Or the remainder of the week. Ash reassured me that Dick was being an idiot for ignoring me and that maybe he wasn't the right guy. I obviously ignored Ash, who would listen to him anyway?
I pulled out the phone I had stowed away. It didn't draw in monsters for some reason, and I wasn't afraid even if it did. No texts, calls, or memos from Dick at all.
It's fine. I reassured myself. Maybe he's on vacation? Or visiting family?
However I knew it to be absolutely untrue.
The vigilante was always out running around through the night.

Guess who's back? Back again?
Eep. I've missed a lot.
Rip Unnus Annus
Rip my fingers
And uhhhh that's about all I've got as of now.
See you guys soon. In a few days? In a few weeks? Probably months. You know me.

Mega procrastinator and dummy signing off.
Deuces
(Heap ass)