✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ✿

Lily

I swiftly stand up, throwing my hands up into the air before falling back into my chair again, slapping my hands against my thighs in frustration. There are absolutely no words that I can use right now without being rude. These people just had to mess with memories too? I've been living my entire life with a false recollection of how I received this necklace, the one thing that can protect this Realm, and the one thing that's keeping me tied here. How did I not know? How come I didn't, I should've... I don't know! I don't know what's going on. And I don't know how I can fix it. I don't know how to solve it. Any of it.

"What-"

"I'm afraid I can't expound on this subject anymore, Lily." He stands up quickly, shoving his chair away from the table and making it screech in his haste. "I'll see you at your ceremony, which will be held exactly a week from now in this palace. Goodbye, Lily." I gawk at Cybil as he walks across the room and right through the door, leaving it open as Brayden and Ethan slip back inside the room. I slam my head against the table repeatedly as Brayden and Ethan cross the room to make it to me. What. Is. Going. On?

"Uh, Lily?" I lift my head to look at Brayden for a quick second, but then I let my head fall and hit the table again, producing yet another slam.

"What?" I groan, my words muffled against the table.

"We should go," he mutters. I move my head away from the table, standing up slowly. I grip the table as tightly as I can, leaning against it with my hands clasped around the edges. My hands start to sweat as I stare at my reflection. Letting my hair fall across my cheeks I look directly downward, away from my reflection and right through the glass floor. My hair creates curtains around the sides of my face, thankfully preventing Ethan and Brayden from seeing my worried expression as I focus on the ground thousands of feet beneath us.

"Are you okay, Head Guardian?" I jerk away from the table when Ethan rests his hand on my shoulder, and as I turn to look at him my hair slaps him in the face. I don't apologize.

"Don't. Don't call me that," I snap, pushing away from him. A crease forms on his forehead as he studies me worriedly, and I sigh. "Sorry, I just, I don't want to do this." He nods, stepping away from me. I move past him and Brayden, trying to get to the door without yelling at anybody else again.

"Lily, wait," Brayden calls out, running past me and cutting me off, blocking my way. "I need to get a Representative to transport us back to Delmasia." He dashes through the door, leaving me alone in the room with Ethan. I reluctantly walk back towards the window, where Ethan is gazing over the city of Avalon. By the look of the sun, or whatever it's called here, it's bordering on evening. I guess that makes sense. I don't know how long we were held captive for. I move my gaze over the shimmering city, willing myself not to disturb the silence.

"Lily." I sigh when Ethan speaks. I was hoping I wouldn't have to talk to him. He glances at me. "You're not alone in this. Okay?" He assures me.

"Don't try to make me feel better." He smiles and shakes his head at me.

"I'm only speaking the truth." He points at the birds above us, stirring silently in the rafters. I smile to myself without meaning to. I had forgotten we were in the Chaos Vault.

"Look, Lily." Ethan turns to face me, ignoring the city below us so that he can focus on me. "It's going to take a lot of work, but we'll help you. I'll help you." I raise an eyebrow at him. "The Terra Firma are sparse. Even though I'm not truly a Terra Firma, I'm in a Terra Firma based Tribe, so I'm going to teach you how to use your powers the best I can. No matter what." He looks back at the city, apparently not wanting a response. There's nothing for me to say anyway. Ethan's going to be the one to train me, whether I like it or not. Still, I feel a slight glimmer of hope. I'm finally going to learn how to use these powers. My powers.