13✧Gift

Jisung drove off to Little Suns to pick Chenle up in the afternoon. He was a little discouraged that the institute he went to didn't enroll him giving the excuse (bland lecture Jisung would like to address it as) that he was in the middle of sessions. 'Utter bullshit' Jisung would say again. But he didn't want Chenle to feel his discouraged aura.

When driving he simply spoke, "I went to a culinary school today."

Chenle didn't say anything but Jisung knew the boy was paying attention.

"I didn't get to be enrolled. They said I'm asking for admission in the middle of sessions." He paused and took a turn in the road then continued again, "Why would culinary schools say that? Anyone can be enrolled any time right?"

"I don't know. Maybe not." Chenle spoke up.

Jisung sighed and shrugged not pondering over it and just continued driving without saying a word anymore.

In the evening, after talking to his mom for an hour, Chenle felt really happy. He was worried too because he sensed something was wrong with her mom, but the woman didn't tell him. He also noticed that his mom looked stressed and tired. He has continuously asked what was wrong, but instead Mei kept on encouraging her son to pursue his dream, study hard, and also to get along with the Park family well. He couldn't win in a talk with his mom.

Chenle was just relieved that he got to talk to his mom, but he was now worried of her health after seeing her in the video call.

After talking for an hour in the garden, he finally returned inside the house and made his way upstairs to go to his, well Jisung's room.

But in the way, Jisung was also coming down by the stairs and noticed Chenle, and he somehow twisted his ankle and lost his balance, maybe he was more focused on Chenle (who was looking happier) than on his path or the stairs. Good thing Chenle was fast enough to held the boy up and make him stand properly again by holding onto his shoulders.

But in the rushed moment, Chenle's phone slipped out of his hand and fell on the ground.

After Jisung was steady and Chenle let go of the boy, he asked if Jisung was okay or hurt anywhere, but Jisung got nervous instead. He looked over at Chenle's phone and cursed himself for being clumsy. Chenle was still waiting for Jisung's answer and didn't notice his phone has slipped away and now lying on the ground close to the first step of the stairs

Jisung looked at Chenle apologetically and Chenle sensing that, looked at Jisung questioningly.

Jisung then pointed over at the phone on the ground, "Your phone." He gulped.

Chenle turned around and looked at it, his heart dropped, he immediately ran towards it and held the two pieces up in his hand, his eyes watered. It was his gift from his mom when he turned 16. He gulped the lump in his throat to not let any sound slip out. Just after talking to his mom, her gift broke.

Jisung slowly walked up behind the boy and squatted down beside him, he put his hand on his shoulder and Chenle clutched the broken phone in his chest while tears fell down on his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Chenle."

Chenle sat there, not responding, his tears continued to flow slowly through his closed eyes.

"Come on, come with me." Jisung kind of determinedly held onto Chenle by his shoulders and made the boy stand up. He then took the boy with him to their room. Chenle just let Jisung do as he pleases at the moment.

After entering his room, he sat Chenle down on their bed and went to his drawer. He pulled out a rectangular box, the box, that he offered Chenle on the second day after dropping him to his university.

He walked up to Chenle and sat beside him holding the box out for Chenle to take.

---------------------------------------

Published : 01-12-2020

Words: 721

so it's already December, 9 month spent without studying, how cool :)

so what's your thought about the story (excluding the part where I nag at you guys to vote :p )

But don't forget to vote though :p