12✧No formalities anymore

"Good morning Chenle." Ara greeted the boy when he came down, fully dressed and ready to go to Little Suns.

"Good morning." Chenle bowed.

"Come, have breakfast, then you guys are ready to go. JISUUNGIEEE."

"Coming in a minute mom." Jisung responded.

"Hurry up already!"

"Yeah yeah." Jisung came running down the stairs and then hugged Ara after he reached the dining table. She patted her son's back and motioned for him to sit down.

Chenle watched them interact with an unreadable expression. He was really missing his mom, moreover she hasn't contacted him since she left 2 days ago plus hasn't picked up any of his calls. He was worried.

"Chenle! Mei,, I mean your mom called in the morning, she has gotten a place to stay finally and also a small job. She said she'll call you in the evening, if she's not busy."

Chenle felt a little relieved after hearing the news. But he still wanted to talk to his mom for sure. He was excited that he'd get to talk to her in the evening. After processing what Ara said, he bowed at her gratefully and then walked up to a chair to sit and have his breakfast.

"Um Chenle!" Ara spoke, gaining the boy's attention.

Chenle looked at her.

"I have a request."

Chenle was puzzled as to what she might say. He didn't say anything but he was paying attention.

When Ara understood that Chenle was listening, she spoke, "Please don't be too formal with us,, I mean you don't need to bow, call me ma'am and Chiwon sir. We are like your parents... right?, Please call us aunt and uncle from now on. Or it doesn't feel like you're a part of our family now."

Chenle sat there for a while staring at the woman while Jisung had a smile on his face, happy that his mom has addressed this matter already. He then added on the matter they were speaking, "And no calling me Jisung-ssi, I'm even younger than you, just call me Jisung, please."

Chenle turned his attention to the boy, "I'll... try." and spoke quietly, then proceeded to eat. He felt warm knowing that they wanted to address him as a part of their family.

"That's a great idea actually." Chiwon spoke up, he was already sitting there. "And Jisung, where did my morning hug go? You only hugged your mom." He pretended to sulk.

"C'mon dad you're not a 3 year old." Jisung teased.

"The audacity of this kid." Chiwon held up a slice of bread to hit his son who immediately swayed his body on the other side to dodge.

Ara shook her head at them and also sat down to eat her breakfast. "Now now don't fight with foods, you kids."

Chenle was having a feeling of happiness. It was rare he felt like this, but he knew what he was feeling. And he was happy about it. Yes he was.

After finally they were done, Ara saw them off. Jisung again drove and dropped them off to their destination.

But he had other plans today.

After dropping Chenle off, he went to a culinary school.

Jisung has decided if Chenle can work this hard to pursue his dream, then he will too. Moreover he realized that sitting in house won't do anything. So he will enroll in an institute too.

-----------------------------------------------

Published : 30-11-2020

Words: 578