Story 01 : The Righteous Angle -Ch 01-

"You're hurrying way too much sir! "Called my intern as he jogged catching up with my pace. The clicking sounds of his gadgets against each other were barely audible amid the city's mess, Yet in a certain way, I managed to catch a glimpse of its sound.

"I assure you that you will thank me later on, just trust your instructor for a moment" I replied as clearly and enthusiastically as I could.

Massive noisy and loud cities, or more specifically this alive city, the blood of the moving figures on its ground. Figures that could hardly remain still, only to move ceaselessly chasing their ultimate destinations while simultaneously being chased by time. Merciless time if you feel what I'm referring to.

" Sir, Are you positive about this wild idea?" called the young man once more

For a split of a second, I didn't assume the voice I've heard was indeed my intern's, the same considerably short young man with thick glasses and curly hair following each step I've taken so far. Swiftly, I spun around with my feet racing towards our endpoint. It wasn't that far anymore.

"I will repeat much more clearly, for now, I need you to forget about my existence" I tried controlling my tone as much as possible striping away any hints of dominance, which of course I did not mean at all but rather the slightly noticeable frustration in my voice makes it sounds like so.

To allow the least feeling of embarrassment or humiliation to sneak within my only and first student's mind was the last thing I ever intended to do, let alone making him indeed feel that way. Yet controlling spontaneous behaviour shall always remain a tough challenge, at least that's how it felt to me.

"But sir, you're my instructor!" he spoke in a low tone amid the resonances of the city's hot chaos. It required me quite an effort to fully decipher his message since it was too noisy that I could barely hear my boots clicking against the rough concrete

"Exactly!" finally I enthusiastically shouted back to him which caused me a couple of cold glares thrown by the people passing by us, they must be thinking; how is it possible for someone to show such energy in the middle of a hectic street full of stranger bodies and gasoline odour? I would defiantly reply by Trust me I couldn't figure it out myself!

When my eyes fell on the last turn I inhaled deeply sensing the curves of a smile shaping on my lips. I quickly turned facing my intern while I paused waiting for him to reach. Droplets of sweat were sliding down his forehead, his dark green eyes shone through his thick glasses. The picture he painted right there and then with his young-looking skinny body which was covered with a colourful graffiti T-shirt and a pair of dark green jeans, transcended such radiant youthful vibes that it was too impossible to ignore.

"If I could only stop time and paint this scene, then name it ' An innocent youth wandering sin city' " I thought to myself ever so honestly.

As soon as he reached my spot I threw my left arm around his shoulder and repeated with the same level of my previous excitement "exactly!". Confusion drew its lines over his face momentarily, soon a tiny dimple danced on his left cheek and his whole face lit with another genuine smile.

"And goal! Here's that smile again" murmured a clumsy voice within my head

"Always keep in mind" my grandfather emphasized each word he spoke"tolerance and mildness with any learner, no matter how hard their effort might appear, keep in mind that a flower which sprouted in the summer's heat doesn't know the winter storm's harshness. Always be gentle while teaching other minds" back then I used to nod in admiration for his wise words. If only I knew that experiences are the greatest proof.