Episode 10: Laden Raine Turns To A Bashful Shower

Trey: Join? Join what? This ain't a club missy.
Raine: Well I want to come home-.
Trey: Then come home.
Raine: I'm serious!
Trey: Ok, ok...so am I. Just come home. No one's stopping you.
Raine: There is.
Nuvia: Raine, you can't come back. We can't come back. We've done too much. Plus, HE will send others.
Micheal: Who's "HE"?
Nuvia: Ya mama, shut up.

(Micheal sarcastically puts his hand over his heart and tilts his head back.)

Micheal: Rude.
Raine: I don't care about him. I miss my sister. I want to be with Trey.
Nuvia: Ugh...fine, do whatever. But I'm not going down with you. *Leaves in a huff*
Micheal: She sure is a character.
Raine: It's an act. Much like mine before I met Trey again. And, I'm so sorry Alma. To you too, Trey.
Trey: I'm sorry, for what again?
Raine: Trying...to kill you?
Trey: Ah, yeah no worries. I'm used to it.
Alma: Trey, are you really that forgetful?
Trey: Nah, I just didn't see her as enough of a threat to kill me.
Alma: Uhhhhh.
Raine: Really? I did actually try.
Trey: Sorry, but Zellos has way more intent to kill that you will ever have. Anyone else who makes death threats is kinda..."eh".
Alma: So...now there's one more obstacle to you coming back.

(Raine looks stressed and depressed.)

Raine: Y-yeah...

----------------------------------

(The next day, Alma and Trey wait outside Alma's home. Loud crashing and yelling can be heard at least three houses down.)

?: I said get out of here!! How dare you come back!!
Raine: Mom, please-!
Mother: Shut your mouth! Your face disgusts me! Get your ugly face out of here and don't ever talk to me or my daughter again!!!

(Raine is then seen shoved out and the door slams violently behind her. Tears gently roll down her cheek.)

Raine: But...but aren't I your daughter, too?

(Alma storms past her and enters the house. Yelling can once again be heard.)

Alma: Mom are you insane!? She's finally back and you kick her out!?
Mother: Why should I care?? She's not my daughter!!
Alma: Yes she is!!

---------------------------------------

(Trey walks over to Raine, who is quietly crying to herself.)

Trey: I see now. I'm sorry.
Raine: My own mother despises me, and rejects me. It's a deep seeded fear and she's never shared why...but, I mean, I love her still. I think...I don't know...she is my mom, but...
Trey: In my opinion, screw her.
Raine: But-.
Trey: Yeah, she is your mother, but that's exactly why I said it. She's betrayed you. Her own flesh and blood. I hate reality, but we are still human, too. But, at this point I wish we weren't.
Raine: I don't know what to do.
Trey: Kick her out for once.
Raine: Huh? What do you mean?
Trey: If she can't handle how different you are, then she doesn't deserve to be in your life anymore. Let her go.
Raine: Trey, I don't think you realize how difficult that is. She's-.
Trey: Who cares who she is!? If I were you, I would have denounced her the moment I left.
Raine: I'm not you. Making such a decision doesn't come that easily for me. It's important to me.
Trey: I get that...I get that. I, just hate-...normal humans are just garbage. It's easier to be callous.
Raine: You can't just ignore all that pain...but, if you had someone to share it with...

(She reaches up to touch his hand, but suddenly Alma comes stomping out the door screaming.)

Alma: Fine!! If she can't live here, neither will I!!!!
Mother: Alma please, you're being unreasonable.
Alma: Me!? Unreasonable!? I cannot believe you! *Growls* SCREW YOU MOM!
Mother: *Gasp!*
Raine: A-Alma, what did you just-?
Alma: You're a terrible mother. I can't deal with it anymore, it weighs too heavy on my heart.