01

Part 1: Forks, Washington

Do you ever feel meaningless, like you are nothing compared to everyone else like you are just one highly insignificant speck on the huge spinning rock we call earth? This is exactly how Lucky Swan feels, and today is no exception.

* * * *

"Come on Bells we're going to be late," I yell up to my twin sister; whose probably still trying to brush out the rat's nest perched atop her head this morning. I grab the keys to our truck, that our dad Charlie surprised us with the day before. I head out, growing impatient. Bella finally comes out and we head off to our first day, at Forks High.

The lady at the front desk was nice, she gave us our timetables, and we headed to the first class of the day English with Mrs. May.

It was a slow class but at least we had each other. Bella and I studied the same novel earlier the year, hopefully, this project will be an easy A.

After English we separated to go to our classes, I had math, she had history. Math was a bit challenging because they are in the middle of a unit, and of course, it's algebra, the devil's math. I was doing okay enough until I felt eyes glaring a hole in the back of my head, I turned to see a sweet-looking girl with a pixie cut, but as soon as I tried to get a proper look at her, her eyes were in the bord, as if she knew I would be looking.

Bella and I met up by our lockers, before lunch so we could go to the cafeteria together. We were quickly called over to our tour guide, Eric's table. He introduced us to his friends, two girls Jessica and Angela, and a boy, Mike, who Bella had met in gym class. One of the girls, Angela I think, brought up the article that was supposed to be written on us for the school paper, but Bella was quick to shut it down, and suggested they do an article on teen drinking, but I suggested Speedo padding on the swim team, which made the girls laugh about some guy with an "Olympic size" whatever that means.

After that jokes and conversations were thrown around the table most of which flew right over my head, I didn't really start paying attention to the group until the cafeteria doors opened and Bella asked: "who are they?". Referring to the two very attractive couples that walk through the door.

As it turns out the people who had entered were something of a legend in the school, Jessica explained to us that the first couple was Emmett Cullen and Rosalie Hale, and to Angela's dismay they were together, like together, together. Much like the duo that followed Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen, the very same pixie cut girl who was looking at me in math, I felt bad for Jasper; he seemed to be in pain, I wonder why?

They were quickly by another guy, this one was on his own though, his name, Edward Cullen, all three of the girls started gushing about his looks, I turned to Mike and Erik who looked, confused about the girl's actions, I mimicked their facial expressions, not want to say how hot I thought Edward really was.

We all focused back on the group when the doors opened again and Erik said, "wow; I didn't know he was back." We all turned to look at who he was talking about. There stood the final member of the group, Elijah Cullen.

As cliche as it sounds I was in awe of Elijah the moment I laid eyes on him. He was beautiful, a picture of perfection; from his long limbs and his curled hair that framed his face perfectly. Even his style was impeccable, unlike his siblings who wore all white, he was clad in black skinny jeans, which were slightly cuffed to show his dark red Doc Martens. With the collar of his white button-up showed just enough from under his knitted grandpa sweater, if I wasn't so intent on not making a fool of myself on the first day, I'd be drooling.