Chapter 1.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a calmness about an early mid-summer morning, as everyone sleeps & birds chirp, one truely finds solace.

Though this wasn't appreciated by Alia Khan, a 17 year old girl, who was trudging along the dark street, dragging a suitcase behind her. The sound of the metal wheels rolling on the uneven gravel of the pavement, was the only one to be heard. Alia was rather tall & pale, she had big brown eyes to match her hair, which was currently covered with a dark blue scarf. She wore an oversized white t-shirt with baggy boyfriend jeans and her favourite pair of rugged converse.

She only looked up from her phone twice before she arrived at the Horton car park, once when crossing the road & and the other to look at a black german shepard that was barking wildly at a plastic bag stuck to the branch of a nearby tree. She put her phone in her back pocket as she walked towards the white coach with tinted windows, which was the only vehicle in the whole car park. There were around forty or so students stood in a deformed que outside of it, chattering noisily.

''Over here, Alia!'' shouted Samar, a brown-skinned girl with hazel eyes and long black shiny hair which was parted to one side. To her right stood a girl named Ellie who looked quite the opposite, she was shorter with pale skin, blue eyes and shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair.

''You guys,'' gasped Alia,'' this is so heavy.'' she said pointing toward her suitcase.

''How much did you pack?'' questioned Samar, with furrowed brows.

''Yeah.. I though I packed alot, but I didn't pack that much'' said Ellie, looking at the suitcase as though it would explode any second.

''It's not so much'' mumbled Alia, trying to convince herself. ''Where are yours anyway?''

''They're in the back of the coach,'' said Ellie,''just ask Charlie to help you put it in''

''Er, who's Charlie?'' asked Alia, confused.

Samar proceeded to point out a middle-aged tubby man at the front, in a blue shirt, ''He's from the travel company, he's going to fly with us too.''

Charlie (with difficulty) lifted Alia's suitcase into the back of the coach and stuck a label with her name on to it. Alia returned to her friends who were now discussing the boys from Harrow Grammar School, who were also going to Australia.

Harrow Grammar School was a private school for boys, it wasn't far form Rodesworth, which was a mixed state school that Alia and her friends attended. The residential trip only existed because HGS had ties with the owner of the travel company; Expedia Travel. The company offered 30 students from both schools a place at the cost of £400. Their sixth form coordinator had told them it was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity, they would learn the business and enterprise behind a international company, gaining invaluable experience and broadening their horizons by doing so - whatever that meant. The real reason they were going was because a) it was cheap b) fun in Australia, with your friends.

''He's so fit.'' said Samar, as she indiscreetly checked out one of the boys.

Ellie stood on her tip-toes to peek over the que. ''Yup.. why can't we have boys like that at our sixth form?'' she questioned to no one in particular.

''What spoilt rich kids that are full of themselves, no thank you.'' objected Alia.

''No, I meant good-looking guys Alia, besides you can't judge them, they might be the sweetest people alive.'' Ellie tried to say with all seriousness but failed & ended up laughing.''Yeah right'' she corrected herself.

''Is Annabelle answering your guys' texts, she said she'd be here, like ten minutes ago'' said Samar.

''Nope.'' said both the girls in unison.

''We should ring her.'' suggested Alia, as she began fumbling around in her pockets for her phone.

At that moment they were approached by a green-eyed brunette, ''Hey guys'' she smiled.

''Hey Lilly, they all replied one after the other.

''Did, you guys bring hiking boots?'' she asked.

''No'' replied Alia on behalf of herself and the others.

''Oh good, we didn't either'' she referred to her group of friends.''We probably won't need them'' she said relieved.''I love your shirt Samar!'' she exclaimed looking at the peach button-down lace shirt Samar was wearing.

''Thanks, it's from Outfitters''

''It's so nice.. Okay, anyways, I'll see you guys later'' she said as she walked back to her friends.

''Seeya''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------