Chapter 1.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to Manchester took two hours, which was longer than expected, throughout which, most of the students slept in an attempt to make up for the sleep they lost from waking up at 3am.

Alia and her friends were feeling wide awake and all the while were playing 'I went to the supermarket and bought' with Eddie, Matt, George & Joe who were a 'geeky bunch of guys' they usually sat with at lunch. To no one's surprise Eddie won after the third round of the alphabet. They all knew he was a genius.

The weariness soon got to them and they fell asleep one by one. The only noise was from the back of the bus.

Alia was awoken a little while later to the noise of the national anthem being bellowed by the boys at the back.

''What the heck?!'' she said, as she straightened her scarf.

''They've been at it for ages.'' moaned Samar, who was playing candy crush on her phone.

''Why hasn't anyone told them to shut up?'' she shouted.

''...god save the queeen.'' they bellowed the final line.

A second later they heard the sound of someone being sick. Everyone who was awake looked to the back, where their eyes landed on the boy with the red beanie spilling his guts out into a plastic bag, as the guys around him pinched their noses, made disgusted faces and faked being sick. They were so horrible and immature, thought Alia, as Charlie got the boy to sit at the front with him, she felt bad for him. As he walked past Alia gave him a friendly reassuring smile.

It wasn't long after that everyone was out of the coach and dragging their suitcases into the busy airport. Charlie took everyone to the side and got them to huddle around so they could hear him.

''Ok so, I'm going to call out your names one-by-one and I want you to come up and collect your ticket off of me.'' He proceeded to call names of his list. Every so often a name like 'Barthalemeu' would pop-up and a few people would snicker. Compared with their boringly common names, the names of the private school boys were obviously distinguishable.

''Why do they have two suitcases?'' whispered Annabelle, looking around most of the HGS guys were accompanied by two suitcases. The students had been told they were only allowed to bring one.

''It's probably because they throw their clothes away after wearing them.'' said Alia jokingly.

''Yeah, I bet they don't even own a washing machine, just toss it out.'' said Samar.

''Nah they don't just toss it out Samar, they probably get their maid to toss it for them.'' added Ellie. They laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------