Explosive Decisions (Trials 45-46)

Word count: 1407

Chapter warnings: Mild language

-----

"Can we please do a truth challenge this time?" Kyungsoo asked. "It doesn't make sense to keep on risking our lives. If we just do the truth ones, this will be a walk in the park."

"We completed two challenges in one thanks to the dare, though," Sehun pointed out. "That's faster."

"And life threatening!" He exclaimed in exasperation.

"It's fine, we'll try a truth one." Suho said in a monotone voice, nodding to her as if to allow her to go. Well, if anything had improved throughout the course of this event, it was their ability to not spend four hours discussing when to start a trial. Clicking the truth button, the familiar script appeared.

[Truth] 45: Everyone must name one time in which they lied, causing another player to suffer.

"Woah, uh," Xiumin laughed awkwardly, trying to bring up the mood. "That's a little heavy. Who wants to go first?" Everyone was silent. Some of them obviously had things on their mind, while other were internally scrambling for answers. Not only that, but no one was sure exactly how serious they were meant to get. It would be a little weird if the calibers of these lies were too different.

"Um, well," Sehun coughed. "One time I told Chanyeol that his hair looked good, since he asked. It was actually the worst hairstyle I'd ever seen, and I'm pretty sure he got clowned for like, a week." Chanyeol glared over at him.

"I liked that haircut."

"My point exactly."

"Are you sure that wasn't this week?" Chen asked with a snicker, looking over to his shaven head. Chanyeol didn't seem to think it was as funny as everyone else, rolling his eyes.

"Oh yeah? Well, I lied about having a girlfriend. So when Baekhyun went for her, he got rejected, and he never knew why." Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"Why wouldn't you tell us?!" Kai asked incredulously. "You? With a girlfriend??"

"More importantly," Baekhyun huffed, "Why would she pick you over me?"

"I didn't keep it a secret from everyone," Chen tried to calm them down, "I told Kai and Kris because I needed relationship advice. And it doesn't matter now, because that's... since been over."

"Oh, about that," Kris laughed, "Since we're exposing lies and all, remember when Kai and I caught her cheating, and you broke up with her?" Chen raised an eyebrow, a little unhappy that he would just release that little bit of information out of nowhere, but he was curious as to what they were going to say.

"...Yeah?"

"Yeah, we uh, we just didn't like her, that never happened." The room fell silent. While he had said it in the same lighthearted tone as everyone else, it was sinking in for everyone that it... it was actually kind of really shitty. Kai, obviously, was mortified, having never consented to Kris revealing that detail as well. He'd felt bad about it when it had happened- to be fair, they had caught her talking about him behind his back, but they may have taken things into their own hands.

"Are you serious?" Chen was obviously infuriated. "You have about five seconds to say you're kidding." Kris very quickly realized his mistake- basically as soon as it had left his mouth.