Chapter 11: Faim 🆚️ Herring Ja

The fighters ran towards each other before they landed an uppercut against each other at the exact same time. "Finally!" Ruben shouted, getting the fight his blood-thirsty eyes were waiting for. Herring staggered back, grains of sand getting between his toes as he let out a disgruntled groan, Faim recoiled before recovering quickly and charged at the young fisherman. Just as the blonde fighter swinged in to punch him again when the Rubrum Pirian ducked to kick the blonde fighter by the back of his ankles to knock him off balance, but Faim jumped before Herring had the chance to do so. Herring stood up and kept kicking but his opponent kept blocking his attacks, Faim punched his opponent square in the jaw. Then he punched him again. Herring blocked the next punch then threw sand at Faim's face. The blonde fighter closed his eyes from the stinging sensation before he tried to wipe out the sand from his eyes when he felt his opponent put two of his fingers inside his cheek, Herring used his signature move to fish hook the fighter. Faim felt his opponent tug the inside of his right cheek while trying to hold back tears from the small grains of sand stinging his eyes. 

"That's cheating!" Faim snapped indignantly.
"It's fair game." Herring grinned darkly.
"C'mon, mama needs some boba." Hwa Hae Ji muttered while Mochi purred in her sleep.
"Looks like Herring has the upper hand. What will the judges say about that?" Johnathan said in a sultry tone.

"Unethical at best and sloppy at worst, but at least it was quick thinking so I'll give him that much." Adrian commented as he looked bored to be there.
"Oooh that's sneaky. I like it!" Lizzy smirked evilly as she gave her opinion.
"That's gotta sting." Marie scrunched up her nose as her eyelids creased at the sight of it.

Faim shut his eyes as he heard the roar of the crowd as he felt Herring's nails dig into the inside of his cheek. "Give up?" Herring asked, despite that he felt the pain as the young fisherman was lacerating Faim's vocal cavity, he wasn't going to give up so easily. 
"Ne'er." He responded with determination to fight back. The blonde fighter deliberately fell backwards so that Herring could cushion the blow. Undeterred by the fall, Herring latched onto him like a parasite.

"Geh ahh ee!" Faim protested as he tried to elbow his opponent, but it was no use until he dug his nails on Herring's leg, then headbutted him on the chin. The lanky fisherman winced from the pain as he let go off Faim to hold on to his bruised jaw. Faim finally free to move, he took a defensive stance with eyes closed. 
"You can do it Herring!" Piros cheered him on. Faim blinked as he saw a blur coming closer, then he felt him elbow his throat, constraining the airway of his wind pipe for a brief second before he skidded backwards as he gasped for air. The blonde fighter felt cornered, he was by the edge of the arena. The cacophony of the audience cheering was confusing him. 
"HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! MOVE OUTTA THE WAY!" Eimy shouted. Instinctively, Faim jumped as high as he could when Herring punched to where Faim was, and already the blonde fighter could recognize the scent of seafood on his opponent so he grabbed Herring from behind and grabbed him by doing a half Nelson.

"ATTA BOY!" Ximo hollered. 
"Get off me!" Herring shouted.
"You wish." Faim responded while everyone watched.
"BOO! I WANNA SEE BLOOD!" Ruben II protested. 
"BORING!" Grim also booed as he wanted to see some blood. 
"YOU CAN WIN THIS FAIM!" Mewmi shouted.
"How uncouth." Dirlu commented as she waved her fan as she fanned herself, Baci Llus was impressed that Micah was sleeping through all of this noise while she snored.
"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" Mike shouted, thrilled to watch the show. Herring did what he could to break out of the half Nelson, even if it meant having a dislocated shoulder. The younger opponent turned to the side before elbowing him with his free arm and pinned him to the sand, though it didn't last long, the blond fighter stood back up again before they were punching each other. Faim kept pummeling his opponent in a barrage of attacks while Herring had trouble keeping up with his opponent's strikes.
"Boo! Hit harder, you lanky shrimp!" The fat Cinnabarian shouted at Herring before Faim punched him at the sternum.