Chapter 4

It has been two months since I lost my grandma. But Chase was with me every step of the way. About a month age, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I replied yes as fast as can be. I haven't spoken to Noah or Ella since the party and I'm sure they don't know about my grandma. To be fair, neither of them have reached out to me either. I looked out the window, and to my surprise I see the two of them walking up to Chase and I's door. I walk casually down the stairs and reach the door right as they knock for the first time. 

"What do you guys want"

"Look Mia, we are sorry ok. We were wrong to judge you about dating chase and we should have told you that we were thinking about getting together."

"Look, you guys are 16 and don't have to ask my permission to be together but sneaking around behind my back is another thing. Is there a reason you guys decided to show up unannounced?"

"Look, we know we are young but I proposed and she said yes."

Before I could answer I see Chase walking down the stairs and felt upset cause it was clear I woke him up.

"Well good job for you. That's all you came hear to say. Not how are you, or we miss you but oh we are getting married. Thanks a lot guys. Have a good day." 

"Look Mia, we do miss you and we get what we did was wrong. But we want you back."

Chase walks up and whispers into my ear;

"You ok babe?"

I give him a look to show that I was clearly not ok.

"Look guys, Mia will most likely forgive you but she needs time. She's been through a lot lately and has to process it all."

"Man, Mia isn't eight years old anymore, she can speak for herself."

"Noah and Ella, I think it's best if you guys leave." And that is the last thing I say before they walk away and I shut the door. Almost instantly regretting my actions, I turn around and hug Chase and cry softly in his arms. 

"I didn't mean it"

"I know. You've been through a lot, love. You just need time."

Chase pulled me into his warm embrace and we stayed like that for five solid minutes. Without a warning, he picked me up and I couldn't help but giggle. Seconds later I was being playfully thrown onto the couch and he sat right on top of me.

"Oh my god. When did the couch become so comfortable?"

Before I could say anything, I broke out into a laughing fit and then shoved him off of me.

"Ouch."

He said looking more adorable then ever.

"Sorry babe, but I'm not the couch."

"I was comfortable'

"Oopsie"

I say and then I flop on top of him.

"Hey princess. I know you have been through a lot but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to meet some of my friends."

He says playing with my hair

"I would love too."

I say with the biggest smile across my face.

-few hours later-

I finished getting dressed and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I heard a knock on the door and then heard Chase and his friends screaming at each other as if they haven't seen each other in 20 years.

"Nick, Ryland, Michael"

N-"Dude, its been too long"

R-"Nick, we saw him last week"

N- "Yeah and... That was too long ago"

C- "Mia, get down here."

I hear him yell and I grab my phone and run down the stairs.

"Hey babe"

I say and I kiss him on the cheek.

"Mia, this is Michael, Nick, and Ryland"

"Sup Shawty"

I chuckled slightly and then accidently started blushing.

"Really Ry. I apologize for him. Nick Austin"

"You both are idiots. I'm Michael"

"Nice to meet you guys."

"Party tonight?"

Chase said with a wide smile on his face and looked at me as if he was asking for approval.

R- " I'll get the drinks"

N-"I got the food"

"I can set up, if you want to help your friends babe."

C- "yeah babe, absolutely"

M- "I'll call Noah"

I freeze for a second. I jump in shock when Chase's arm touches mine.

"Are you ok with that?"

He whispered into my ear.

"Yeah"

I whispered back.

~at the party~

Everyone at the party was either completely high or completely drunk. I honestly couldn't tell who half the people were are this point. I was dancing along to the music and then I feel someone's arms wrap around my hips.

"Sup Shawty"

The person whispered into my ear and I felt a shiver down my spine. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way but I couldn't help it.