Chapter 6

Chase's P.O.V

I walked up the stairs to Mia's bedroom with a plate of food that Nick had made for her. I knocked softly on the door in the event that she might have gone back to sleep.

"Nick, you don't have to knock just come in."

I walked into the room and the soft smile that was just on her face dropped into a heartbroken frown.

"What are you doing here."

"Look Mia, I was wrong. It was wrong of me to make-out with Cynthia and then blame you for sleeping with Ryland when you were just as drunk as I was. I didn't know Cynthia was Cynthia either, I was so drunk I believed she was you."

The minute that came out of my mouth I instantly regretted it.

"So you came up here to tell me that you were making out with you ex-girlfriend because you thought she was me. Wow. Chase, I trusted you and believed in you now I don't know what to think. "

"It was a jerk thing to do, Mia but I'm not the only one that messed up. I'm not mad at you either, I wasn't paying any attention to you and Ryland was. It should have been me that was there for you not him."

"Just get out please. I need time to myself."

She replied in her adorable little voice. I nodded my head and left the room quietly shutting the door behind me. Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse, I see a hungover Ryland waltzing up the stairs like he owns the place.

"What do you want Ry."

"Nothing to do with you"

"Leave Mia alone, she doesn't want any company."

"That's not what she said to me last night."

That was the last straw and I could no longer refrain myself. I punched him as hard as I possibly could in the face, preparing for what was about to happen next. I pummeled him down onto the ground and continued punching him until I heard the soft voice that I loved so much.

"Chase get off of him. Are you crazy, you could have killed him."

"Mia, I--I didn't mean it. Please forgive me."

"Just get out of here."

As I got up and walked away, I turned around and saw her hugging my best friend while sobbing like there is no tomorrow.

-Ryland's P.O.V-

I woke up to the sound of soft sobs and felt the warm embrace of a girl instantly knowing who she was. I know I was way out of line with what I said but he should have been the one paying more attention to her and she deserves someone who will give her that attention. Before I even open my eyes, I wrap my arms around her warm body and feel her grip tighten around me.

"Shawty, I'm loving this affection but today is not the day I wish to die."

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry Ry. You scared me."

I reach my hand up and wipe the faint tear off her cheek while using my other hand to push her hair off her face. She then leans in and kisses me, but I don't stop myself. I passionately kiss her back and continue kissing her until I realized we were in the middle of the hallway and Chase was probably still here somewhere. I tightened my grip around her and picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room. I guess I tickled her or something because along the way she let out an adorable giggle that made my heart absolutely melt.

"That would have been a lot easier if you weren't moving around so much goofball."

"Well, its not my fault you were tickling me, dummy."

"Offended."

I said while faking to be hurt but I continued on with her joke cause it was making her smile and that made me smile.

"I didn't see you complaining though stupid. Don't make me come over there."

"Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it, tough guy."

Without hesitation, I walked over to her bed where I had placed her before and picked her up in my arms and kissed her with as much passion as possible. She kissed me back with full force and no hesitation. One thing lead to another and we slept together again, the only difference was we were completely sober and aware of what we were doing.

"Ry, that was amazing"

She said sounding as if she needed to catch her breath.

"All you mamas."

I say with a grin on my face. I heard loud noises coming up the stairs and see the smile on Mia's face shift to a look of worry. I hear the door slam open and I knew exactly who it was.

"Ry get away from her while I'm being nice. "

"Last time I checked, I'm my own person and your not my dad."

"Funny thing is you think that I was asking. Get up now Ryland."

"Leave him alone, Chase."

Mia said in her unique pixie like voice. Why was she standing up for me though, after all I'm one of the reasons that he isn't talking to her.

"Come on Mia, it was a mistake. How long are you going to ignore me for."

"I know that I'm not as great as Cynthia and clearly not as pretty as her. But that doesn't mean that we can both cheat and suddenly I'm the bad guy. It was your idea, you wanted a party, you wanted me to meet you friends and I did. I went along with everything you asked because I loved you but worst of all I trusted you. We are done Chase until you turn back into the guy that I fell in love with."

Chase didn't even stick around to argue back, he quickly just left the room slamming the door behind him. I held my arms out and Mia fell right between them and cried like there was no tomorrow.

"You deserve someone who can treat you better Mia."

"I trusted him and lost everything for him."

I don't say anything back I just tighten my embrace on her and run my hands through her hair, until I hear the cute nasally sound she makes only when she sleeps.  

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HEY Y'ALL LEMME KNOW DOWN IN THE COMMENTS WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD ADD OR WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT THE STORY AND HOPE Y'ALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR!