Chapter 8 Truth, Death, Destiny

Terracotta's eyes immediately fluttered opened, as she sat straight up, eyes alert. She was on the battle field, behind a couple of boulders, while the fight continued in an everlasting stage of despair. She weakly stood up, as her knees wobbled, her breaths shallow. Sweat ran down her injured forehead, as she finally made it on her two feet. Then her mind suddenly snapped to attention, Anaconda! Her eyes scanned her surroundings, a voice immediately surprised her from behind.
"Good your awake." Anaconda said as he clutched his wound, breathing shallow breaths.
Terracotta smirked lightly,
"You surprised me. How where you able to drag both of us to safety?"
"Eh, well I was worried. I mean I fell and my eyes shut down so I couldn't even lift them up. I tried to open them, but my eyes refused. I knew it was you who was shot, I had to protect you. Soon I was able to carry both of us with the last of my strength and carry us here." Anaconda said, while adding a few bullets to his gun.
"You will need more of your strength. You will need it. Where is dad?" Terracotta asked as realization dawned upon her.
Anaconda then dropped his gun, as his head snapped towards the littered battlefield.
"Oh no."
Terracotta's eyes widened and she quickly grabbed the closest gun she could find.
"Wait! You are in no condition to go out there!" Anaconda cried while stumbling after Terracotta.
"I would rather die then leaving my father to fight alone." Terracotta growled while glowering angrily at her brother.
Anaconda scowled back,
"He saved us! I had to use all my strength to save you! If it wasn't for him, we would have been dead by now!"
Terracotta grumbled a curse and got ready her gun.
"Just make sure he is safe. We have to win this war."
Anaconda nodded and chased after Terracotta, who was already dodging, and shooting at her opponents. Anaconda followed behind doing the same. The two siblings were back to back, killing, dodging and stomping on injured faces. Finally, they spotted Croc, going against three to four men. He was quick, but by the hint of his weariness, the siblings knew he wouldn't last long. Without a doubt, the two charged, slicing a couple soldiers in the progress. They reached Croc who was happy for their rescue. But most importantly, Terracotta was safe, also including Anaconda.
"Good, I was already beginning to give in, good thing you kids are safe." Croc exclaimed while ducking a bullet.
"Yeah, we where wondering about you." Anaconda said firing his rifle.
"How is your wound?" Croc asked Terracotta.
"It's fine..." Lied Terracotta as her hand tightened around the wound as more blood began to flow.
Her skin was covered with blood, but most importantly the small, but deadly hole, a few inches away from her belly button, streaming with blood. Terracotta winced as the pain began to spread. Her whole body ached, and she soon was beginning to get dizzy from blood loss. Suddenly a loud, bellowing shot was heard, it was a double shooter. The gun shot two bullets, meaning for the death of Terracotta and Anaconda. Or so they thought. All in slow motion, the bullets raced towards the children, no, they were spiraling towards, Terracotta! Terracotta swiveled her head towards the loud bang, facing the approaching bullet. All of a sudden, a roar was heard behind them, and out jumped Croc before Terracotta, using his muscular body as a shield.
"NO!!" Cried Terracotta as her hands grasped Croc as he collapsed to the blood soaked ground. Two bullets were aimed right in the middle of his chest, were two holes were discovered.
"It will be okay! I promise you WILL live!" She cried, tears rolling down her cheeks.
Anaconda also knelt beside his foster dad, sobbing on Terracotta's shoulder as she placed her arm around him.
"Terracotta?" He said weakly as his callused hand clasped Terracotta's.
"Yes."
"Now is the time to tell you what is your real Destiny." Croc whispered his hand reaching towards his pocket.
Terracotta's eyes widened as she noticed the emerald locket in his hands. She quickly opened it, and noticed two smiling dragons. One had a small scar on his nose, wait snout, like her dad's, and the same glint in his eyes. The other was another dragon, she was beautiful, yet she seemed so powerful and strong.
"Wha, what is this..."
"Terracotta, you are a dragon and you were born in Pyrrhia. I was good friends with a dragon from that world and I found a portal leading me to that world. There i stole a potion from a group of dragons called the WeatherWings. Remember this Terracotta, they are evil and cruel and they want to kill you. I took the potion and became a dragon, were i met your mother," Croc said his voice growing weaker by the second.
"Wait! Why mother? Who are these dragons who want to kill me? How in the world..." But Terracotta's mouth was soon closed by Croc.
"Listen, you have to find the portal to Pyrrhia before it is too late. Every week, the portal opens when the moon is full, at the heightening mountains of Bend Oregon. Find Mt. DH, known as Dragon head, but nobody knows this, go inside the portal and take your brother for he is a dragon as well." Croc was soon interrupted by a gasp from Anaconda.
Croc continued,
"Terracotta, you must defeat Cloudbringer before he kills you and your friends. He is going to destroy you Terracotta, he is going to kill everything you love and take everything away from you. You must prevent this. This is your destiny Terracotta, this is different from war, this is more difficult task that will change your life forever. Do you understand?" Croc asked his voice now weaker and slower then before.
"Wait! Who is Cloudbringer! Why am I a dragon! I...don't...understand." Anaconda blabbered but was interrupted by Terracotta.
"Yes father, I will avenge you and will obey your will." Terracotta said her voice cracking. Anaconda did the same.
Croc smiled weakly,
"Good, Terracotta, when you meet your mother, tell her that I loved her more than anything and that she reminds me of you my little terracotta warrior, I love both of you very much. You have made me proud ever since I first laid eyes on you."
Then Croc's eyes closed and his hand went limp in Terracotta's. A tear slid down Terracotta's cheek as Anaconda cried heavenly on her shoulder. Terracotta sobbed quietly, holding the locket to her chest. Croc was dead and so may his glory live on in history. Croc, a father, a fighter, a husband, a warrior, a leader and a dragon at heart.