6

The 6 birds land on the carrier and are greeted by the Skipper.

"Captain DiNozzo," they shake hands, "we've set up a barrack for you to get some rest before you set off again. You can head to the canteen for some grub and get some shut eye."

"Thank you. Go ahead. I need to talk with Skipper," Tony nodded at them, "stretch first." He and the Skipper, Paulson, walk to the control room.

They stand in front of a map, Paulson speaking up, "where are you landing?"

"Here," Tony pointed to an area on the map. "Its a hill by a friendly encampment. The tip we got was a hidden camp in this area," he circled an area a click away from the land spot. "It gives up high land to scope out and with our wings, it's easier to stay hidden."

"Of course. Anything you need, you let someone know,"

"I need to contact my boss. We left pretty early, so I didnt get a chance go tell him," Tony nodded with a grim expression.

"I hope you have an executor of estates. Your flying straight into a hot spot," Paulson mentioned as he gets a sat phone for Tony to use.

"He's my executor," Tony replied with a nod as he dialed the number.

"Gibbs," he answered.

"Afternoon, boss," Tony cheered.

"DiNozzo! What the hell were you thinking! It's an active hot zone!"

"That there are three missing men and I'm the best suited to get them back," Tony sighed. "And I know it's a hot zone. That's why I called. Your my executor of estates."

Gibbs sighed, "where are you?"

"The Kennedy," Tony sighed. "We're gonna get some rest and food, leave in the morning. I'll try to contact you when I get to the base."

"Palmer wants to talk with you, then Abby."

"Yeah, sure," Tony nodded and swallowed. There was muffled voices and Jimmy gets the phone. "Hey, Gremlin."

"Dont do that."

Tony blinked, "do what?"

"Pretend this is ok! That your at some crime scene or something," Jimmy ordered. Tony hung his head, but stayed silent while Jimmy spoke, "I woke up and Ducky tells me you left at 3 in the morning. You could have woken me up. Not to mention, I heard what Gibbs said. An active hot zone? Tony you could die!"

"James Palmer, I promise you I will come home in one peice. I will," Tony soothed softly, "and I wouldn't have dreamed of waking you up. You looked beautiful and peaceful and I wanted the last image I have of you is that, not all red noses and crying."

"And you know it would be easier to sneak away if I'm not asking you to stay," Jimmy scoffed.

"What can I say? I'm a weak man when I comes to you," Tony joked quietly. "Can I talk with Abby? I still need to eat and rest."

"Right. I love you," Jimmy said and the voices become muffled again. Tony blushed red.

"If you dont come back, do I get some of your hoodies?" Abby asked immediately.

"Actually, in your lab is one of my hoodies. I snuck it in after you left yesterday. It's on your desk," Tony sighed. "But yes. If I dont make it back, you get some of my hoodies." Static greeted him instead of her. His eyes widen, "abby? Abby?"

Paulson walked over, "the communication dropped. I dont think you can get it back," he pats Tony's shoulder before walking away. A stray tear slipped down his face. He pushed it off and went to get some grub.

×××××××

Abby stared at the phone in her hand, tears spilling in rapid secession. Gibbs hugged her tightly while Jimmy silently left and went to the roof where he sat before with Tony.

It's colder now, lonely.

"I think I'm in love with you too," he whispered and he cried. He holds the jacket of Tony's he stole this morning when he realized that Tony was gone.

Why did he feel like this? Tony is just doing his job. He is saving three lives. Tony is being Tony.

But why? Why does Gibbs comfort Abby? Abby and Tony were never together. Maybe Gibbs doesnt know, but Tony is still Jimmy's friend, whether they're in a relationship or not.

Why doesnt anyone care about his feeling on his boyfriend leaving at 3 in the morning? It's not like Gibbs and Abby noticed he walked out, or how broken he looked when he saw Abby lose the connection, or when he had the pass the phone.

"Its cold up here, Jimmy," Ducky huffed softly, standing above him.

"He said be was falling in love with me," Jimmy murmered, "And I told him I love him when we were in the phone."

"If I know Tony, then I can say with certainty that he is in love with you, Jimmy," Ducky placed a warm hand on his shoulder. "Let's get you inside. You'll catch a cold, and then we'll worry about your health and lovers safe return."

"Yeah, ok," Jimmy stood after a moment and followed Ducky in. He didnt say anything, just silently followed back to autopsy, where there was a steaming pot of tea and two mugs. Ducky sits on the stool while Jimmy slid on the hoodie and sat on the empty table. Its silent as they drink.

"Hey, ducky-" Abby cut off, seeing Jimmy silently sipping his tea in a fading hoodie she knew was Tony's.

"Abigail! Would you like some tea?" Ducky smiled kindly as Jimmy gave a partial wave.

Abby shook her head, "no... came to check in." She left shortly after. Jimmy quietly picked at a loose thread on the hoodie for a second.

"He'll come back right?" He hates the way his voice breaks, how sad he sounds.

Ducky offered a wistful smile, "It's Anthony, my dear boy. He will always come back for you."