Chapter Three

The ride (To somewhere) was seriously awkward. No one wanted to sit next to me, besides Dave Tyler, who talked the whole time . They were really funny, but I wanted time to think. "Guys, I'm gonna go to sleep," I say after an hour. They both nod seriously and proceed to whisper. I put my head against the window, and soon enough the dreams-er, rather nightmares-begin. I'm used to the random flashbacks to my dad, but this one was different. I was in a dim room, chained to the wall by coils of rope. I suddenly feel movement on my arms, and realize I'n not chained by ropes at all, but by snakes. A beautiful women with pale skin and curly brown hair entered. "Silvia," she says in a soothing yet terrifying voice. "Welcome. How are we, hmm?". I try to respond, but nothing comes out. "Oh right, sorry about that" she says. "I guess I'll be doing all the talking," she sighs. "When you get to the..." she hesitates. "The place you are going, go straight to-ARGH! I can't share any information! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!" She screams. She quickly gets back her perfect composure. "Well, we'll talk later, yes?". She disappears. The room begins spinning. I awake with a jolt. "Nightmare?" asks Dave clearly having bad memories. I nod. "I feel your pain" says Tyler shaking his head. The bus stops hastily in front of a long dirt road with thick swaths of forest on either side. I smile. the bus begins to unload. Dave, Tyler, and I are shoved and jostled towards the front. I catch a glimpse of the driver on my way out. "Is that guy covered in eyes!?" I ask the boys. "The bus driver? Nah. He just got a lot of tattoos," Tyler says reassuringly. I nod. It seems like I've been doing that a lot lately. A valley comes into view in front of me. A beautiful blue farm house sits in the midst of strawberry fields. A large pine tree sits in front us with no, I repeat NO dragon curled around its base. I walk past the pine and everyone gasps. "You are a demigod!" exclaims Dave. "WHAT" I shout. "Let's bring her to the big house, Ty" he adds. As we walk, they fill me in. "So you know the greek gods? Well, they're real. And they have children with mortals sometimes. Everyone here has one mortal and one godly parent. Like me and Dave. We're kids of Thalia. Being a child of the nine muses sucks. We have to share a cabin with Calliope, Erato, Terpsichore, Urania, Clio, Euterpe, Polyhymnia,  Melpomene, AND the rest of Thalia. It is sooooooo crowded. Do you have a mom or dad?"  Tyler pauses for a breath. "Well I knew my dad, but he died because of those birds," I tell him. We walk the rest of the way in silence.