Rekindling

I do not own Sword Art Online.

A/N: These are random chapters so they may or may not  relate to one another. I may use a similar setting or place for the characters written in for x,y,z scenario.

The married couple are settling in their new home. However, while they were prioritizing work, bills, and other important duties. They've been spending less time together. One day when Kazuto came home to see Asuna with a surprise.

Chapter: Rekindling

Third Person's Point of View:

Kazuto arrived home late from work and was exhausted. He looked forward to the weekend and realized it been a long while since he had the day off. The past few of months, Kazuto was occupied with not only work, but concerns regarding the house mortgage, student debt, and bills. But remembered, beyond that, would be waiting his true love, Asuna.

It's been a year since they graduated and returned home. Kazuto and Asuna were happily married and bought their first home. This was an exciting and nerve racking time to settle in a place of their own and to build a career.

Asuna graduated with a degree in education and began as a teacher assistant at an elementary. After a year in, she'll be promoted to becoming an official staff member at the elementary. 'She's working hard,' he thought and it only made him want to work even harder to make sure he would not only support her but make Asuna happy.

But then recalled Asuna had been sighing a lot and seem down. He asked her about it, but she simply replied she was fine. He asked about her work place, and she said she was fitting in and enjoyed working there. Whether something was on her mind or not, Kazuto went ahead and thought of an idea to surprise her with a gift.

The reason he was had arrived later than usual was because, he went to pick up that special gift. Beforehand, Kazuto called up a friend who knew a friend, who worked in a jewelry store. The jewelry store manager helped Kazuto pick out and customize the gift. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face and hoped she like it. He made sure to call ahead and told her to not wait for him. He recalled while on the phone, Asuna seem a bit sad, but was also understanding. A part of him felt guilty but hoped the gift would make up for it.

Kazuto opened door then locked it behind, as he took off his shoes.

"I'm home" he said but didn't see Asuna. 'Perhaps she's already in bed,' he wondered. He then quietly entered through the living room, up the stairs to the master bedroom.

He slowly opened the bedroom door and saw the bedroom lights were dimmed. Kazuto also picked up a light fragrance flooding from the room, lit from scented of candles creating a romantic atmosphere. Once he fully opened the door, a slim female silhouette sat up on their bed, with her familiar chestnut colored hair down and alluring smile.

His eyes drawn to her hazel colored eyes caught his attention, while Asuna wore something so provocative yet nostalgic. She wore white leggings with red lining up on the side, that went up mid-thigh. She also wore a white matching bra and panties with red trimmings along the sides. The panties had a small red ribbon on the front while the bra had a red cross that reminded him of the insignia of Knights of the Blood Oath.

Letting his eyes soak in the scenery, he dropped his suitcase and the gift bag on the floor. Completely spellbound, 'damn,' as he stared at his wife, 'she's so sexy.' Kazuto couldn't help but realize his mouth was left open. "Huh," he then quickly covered out of habit to be a gentleman in front of his wife. Keeping himself in check, not to simply run and push her down then have his way with her. He then sheepishly said, "sorry I'm late" while rubbing the back of his head.