Aldis x reader

MORE OF THIS SHIT LETS GO

I was on my way back from windhelm. I needed to get away from that chaos they were calling a city. We won, thank the gods, but at the same time the city was still in chaos. That was to be expected though.
I was going to stop at my home in solitude, and sleep there for the night. I knew Aldis was probably worried about me but at that point I just wanted some rest. The plan was to sleep in proudspire, until a guard caught my attention.
"Miss (Yn)" he waved to me as I was unlocking my door. I looked at him in a strange dazed state, half asleep.
"Yes?" He chuckled a bit at me, mumbling that I looked tired.
"Ahem- Captain Aldis hasn't been getting much sleep, and some of the guards and I have started getting worried. You seemed to know him pretty well and we thought you might be able to do something?" I stayed silent for a moment, almost dropping my key. "Or at least give some advice."
"Do you know if he's still up?" I asked with a weak smile. Aldis and I had been together for a few months, almost a half a year, but had kept it a secret from basically everyone but Tullius who just walked in on us one night. That was the most embarrassing experience of my life.
"I believe so."
"I'll go see him. He might just be stressed out." I put my key back in my pocket and quickly made my way to castle dour where I saw him pacing outside of the temple. I waved at him, catching his attention just enough for him to glance at me. When he saw I was there he turned and stared for a moment. Within seconds he had his arms around me, holding me as close as he possibly could. I knew that feeling, how rushed his heartbeat was and his shaking breaths against my shoulder as he rested his head there. That feeling of almost losing someone was almost as bad as almost losing yourself.
"You're never allowed to go into that kind of battle again, I was terrified." He said with a shaky voice as his arms tightened around my waist. I kissed him wherever I could reach, eventually pulling him to make eye contact with me and giving him a long kiss on the lips, something he seemed grateful for.
"I'm fine. Are you okay?" I asked calmly.
"I'll be honest and say no. I haven't gotten much sleep without you here."
"So I've heard." I rested my head against his chest, feeling him sigh as he held his arms around me again. "You can come stay with me tonight if you want."

I crawled into bed next to him,  snuggling up flush against his chest as one of his hands stroked my hair. My response to this was a small content hum.
"What happened at windehelm? Was anyone we know hurt?" We had multiple conversations by this point, but me hadn't even mentioned the battle up until this point. I knew who he was worried about. There was a teenage boy, just barely old enough to join the legion that somehow got stuck in windhelm with us. Aldis trained him and became like an older brother to him at times.
"Rikke got a new scar, and Tullius might need to rest for a while after a hit he took, but everyone else is fine."
"Jax?"
"Jax is fine, I made sure of it." I looked up and kissed his jaw, receiving a kiss on the forehead in return.
"Thank you."
"Of course, I couldn't let a kid that young get hurt in a battle like that." He paused for a minute, one of his hands coming to rest on my
Cheek.
"Are you okay?"
"Most of my injuries are bruises, I had a good restoration teacher."
"Not just physically, are you okay?"
"I'm fine love. I've fought dragons and seen more death than I care to mention. I'm okay." We sat in silence for a moment as I felt his muscles relax. "What about you? Are you okay?" He tended up again, taking a deep breath.
"I was worried you weren't coming back, but knowing you're okay makes me feel a bit better." I wrapped my arms around him. I knew there was something else, but it was late and I didn't want to push and pressure him into telling me something he didn't want to talk about. I trusted him, and I hoped that he trusted me.
Without another word we both fell asleep, waking up to the sun shining into the window and into our eyes. Aldis chuckled as I buried my face in his chest to try and hide from the fact that I had to wake up.
"Come on love, it's time to start the day again." That feeling of waking up to him next to me, both of us calm, relaxed and for the most part happy was something I never wanted to give up.
I wanted this to last forever