Chapter Nine

*CLOE'S POV*

Red and blue lights flashed on my face. There were about six Police Cars parked outside of my house. What the fuck? I grabbed Trevor's hand in fear.

"What's going on?" I asked looking over at Trevor who was looking through the crowd of Officers, his eyes drifted from left to right.

"Not sure, come." He said pulling me through the mob of neighbours forming around the 'fence' of Officers. When we got closer to the mob of officers, I saw Trevor's father, Toby, standing in the middle of the circle of Officers.  

"FELLOW OFFICERS..!" he started.

"What's he doing??" I asked nudging Trevor's arm.

"I don't know... but shh, let's listen." Trevor said going on his tippy toes, which was quite a surprise considering he's like 5'10.

"I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE TWO THINGS." Toby continued.

"And what would that be, Officer Toby?" One of the officers asked.

"ONE.. Back in the da-"

"DAD, WHAT ARE YOU DO-" Trevor started, then got cut off.

"I HAVE TO DO THIS.." Toby said. I felt like I was watching a movie. This felt so unreal, like a dream.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Trevor screamed, pushing the 'fence' of officers out of his way.

"YES I DO, TREVOR.. For mine and everyone else's good..." Toby said. I couldn't believe what was happening before me.

"Toby, Dad... You can't do this," Trevor shouted, but not as loud as before.

"Oh, son..." Toby said walking over to Trevor, and giving him a hug. He pulled away from Trevor, and continued, "I have to do this... I'll miss you, son." I stood there with my arms crossed. What else was I supposed to do? I mean, I wasn't mad or anything, this just seemed so random.

"Dad, don't. No matter how bad I've treated you, no matter how many sleepless nights I had, just dreaming what it'd be like to have a dad, no matter how much I fucking hated you... I could never see you put into jail." Trevor said, in a shaky voice.

"I'm very sorry, son... but I have to do this. For the Common Good of Society. I promise I'll call you, and you can visit me, alright?" Toby said hugging Trevor in such a tight hug, it looked like he was gonna suffocate Trevor.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?" I saw a big and tall muscular Officer, who looked like he was on steroids, pushed his fellow colleagues out of his way. To be honest, I was having a heart attack deep inside. This guy scared the living shit outta me!

Toby pulled away from Trevor's grasp and took a few steps back, "Back to my TWO ANNOUNCEMENTS." He put his hand on each side of his mouth to make is voice louder than it already was.

"HURRY THE FUCK UP, OFFICER TOBY..." One of the officers screamed, still trying to hold back the large crowd continuously getting larger and larger.

"FIRST OFF, ABOUT TWELVE YEARS AGO, I ABUSED BOTH MY WIFE, AND SON. I was supposed to be put into jail for a lifetime, until one of my friends bailed me out." Toby paused, and I let a gasp escape from my lips by mistake, "Secondly, I also harassed them. They both haven't forgiven me since, and I feel like such a retard for doing those things. I honestly think I was high or something. Also, I got high with friends almost all the time to try and get rid of the depression that kept reoccurring for no apparent reason. I guess I probably abused and harassed both of them when I was high or drunk. I don't even fucking know. But just know one more thing, officers. I still love my wife and my son. I always have, and always will. That is all. And I'm telling you officers this because I'm taking responsibility for my actions."