CHAPTER 35

01/01/2021 ~ it feels surreal writing 2021.

FELICITY

I'm seconds away from pulling my hair out. That's how much I'm frustrated while looking at all the checks laying in front of my desk. There were so many checks from the electricity bill to new products. 

It was just so much. So much money. 

My thoughts were broken by the knock on my office door. I quickly fixed myself and straightened up. 

"Come in". 

The door opened to reveal Mark's face. I was about to turn back to my work but stopped when I smelt coffee. 

The wonder of coffee. 

He then came and gently placed the mug beside me I went to quickly grab the pot of stress reliever But- 

"Miss Jones, wait," Mark said and handed me some tissues. 

I rolled my eyes and snatched the tissue from him and covered the mug and took a sip. When the taste hit I slightly leaned back and took another sip. After a few seconds I realized that mark was still in the room so I subtly straightened up and placed the mug on the table. 

"The file you asked for '' he said and kept the file down, I pinched my eyes together in frustration. 

"Thanks You can go now" but he didn't, he just stood there somewhat looking awkward.

I raised an eyebrow silently asking him why he hadn't left. 

"Uhmm….I.." He started having a nervous look while he tried to put the words together. 

"You?" 

The amount of patience I'm having is surprising to me. I would have shouted if he stayed a second longer after I told him to go but here I'm patiently waiting for him to gather his words. 

Something definitely is wrong with me and I know it's because of a certain someone who has been rubbing off on me lately. 

I internally sighed when that certain someone entered my mind. 

Get it together. Focus. 

"It's about the paycheck" 

All the thought before flew away and my eyes narrowed. 

"What about it?" my voice became cold.

He met my eyes briefly "You can postpone the pay date" 

"And why would I do that Mr.Ruffalo….I won't" my voice firm without sparing him glance I went to look at the file. 

"Miss.jones….. I'm completely aware of the financial status, we can wait- 

"We are not bankrupt" I cut him off and gave a quick glance before going to the file. 

"I didn't say it like that we can wait a little longer for the pay check please don't rush things out" 

"Paycheck will be given on may fourteenth" 

He sighed "Miss.jones this is not my decision it was suggested by all the members they all heard about the finance meeting so they wanted to put in word for you" 

I looked at him "Tell them to stop gossiping they are being noisy" 

"It's not noisy jone it's caring they all are genuinely concerned about you to the point they are willing to wait for the paycheck." 

I slowly looked up and raised an eyebrow at him he shut his mouth abruptly. 

"Where are you getting your confidence from mr. Ruffalo….." I crossed my legs and intertwined both my fingers and rested on top of the file ".....If I remember you shouldn't raise your voice like this"