Heatwaves

[FULL SEND FOR THE TITLE ON THIS ONE, BOYZZZZ! By the way, I wrote this at midnight and I apologize for constantly asking you to ignore the typos but... please?]

George groaned, sweat forming on his forehead as he walked out of the plane. The weather in Florida had proven to be much different than what he was used to. Specifically, it was much warmer than England during this time.

He walked through the airport, arriving at baggage claim. He stood in the open, searching for his bag.

He rubbed his eyes, his heart pounding against his chest when he felt his legs no longer in contact with the ground. It took him a moment to realize that he had been picked up.

He was met face to face with the love of his life, a smile forming on his face.

"Georgeeee!" Clay scream-whispered, causing the brunette to chuckle.

"That's how you always greet me. Come up with a better greeting, sir." George spoke sassily, still in the taller boy's arms.

He subconsciously wrapped his arms around Clay's neck, his legs around Clay's waist. Resting his head on the boy's shoulder, George could hardly comprehend that he was with Clay again.

"Would you rather I greet you like..." Clay paused, using a hand to lift George's face to his own. He smiled, placing his lips on George's for a quick kiss. "Like that?"

The brunette nodded, placing his head back on top of Dream's shoulder.

"Am I just carrying you now?" George nodded once again, pointing lazily to his bag.

Clay released a chuckle, grasping onto it.

"Anyway you can at least hold onto your suitcase? I can't carry you both." The smaller boy grasped the handle on his suitcase, clearly very tired. "Oh, Georgie. It's a forty-five minute drive. You can sleep in the car and I'll let you nap when we get to my house, alright?"

He hadn't received an answer, a soft snore falling from George's mouth as the suitcase fell. Clay sighed, trying his best to carry George and the suitcase to his car.

Attempting not to disrupt the boy in his arms, he carefully opened the passenger door, placing George inside. The brunette tossed, falling back asleep almost immediately after Clay pulled the seatbelt over him.

Dream popped the trunk of the car, putting George's bags in it before getting in the car himself, starting the long drive home.

Pulling into the driveway, he brought George's suitcase in before going back out. He opened the door, softly shaking George to wake him up.

A soft whine left George's mouth as he stretched, unbuckling himself and crawling out of the car. He nearly fell asleep standing, causing Clay to chuckle before picking him up again.

"My personal indoor uber is back, I see." George spoke slowly, it was evident that the brunette was still very tired.

"I am. But for now, you sleep." The small boy nodded against Dream's chest, frowning when he felt the warmth of the taller man leave.

Moving quickly, the brunette grasped onto Dream's hand.

"Cuddle?" George's voice was soft, immediately filling Clay with a happy feeling. He chuckled, knowing he had to do some stuff. Thinking, he tried to logically decide whether it was worth it or not.

With a sigh, Clay nodded, finally giving into the boy's request. He laid down next to George, wrapping his arms protectively around him.

His hands instinctively found their way into the brunette's hair, replaying this movement as he spoke.

"You chose possibly the worst time to come. We're in a heatwave at the moment." A laugh erupted from George's tired mouth, never failing to make Clay smile.

"Why is our life literally the plot to heatwaves?" They shared a laugh, Dream getting lost in his thoughts as George fell into a deep sleep.

It is.

Clay found it funny how so many things that happened to them had happened in Heatwaves. He took this as a positive sign, smiling to himself.

It was meant to be.

He grabbed his phone carefully, trying desperately not to wake George. He scrolled through Twitter, becoming bored quickly.

He opened spotify, shuffling through his playlist. Setting his phone down, a smirk rose to his face when realization hit.

"Alright no fucking way." He mumbled, eyes rolling back as he listened to the song that quickly became his favorite.

He hummed along, imaging what kind of sad life he would be living without George.

"Sometimes all I think about is you," he sung, feeling George shuffle under him.

"Late nights in the middle of June..." George continued, the two chuckling.

"Did I wake you up, baby?" Clay asked. George shook his head.

"No. Heatwaves did." The two laughed again, silence taking over.

"Heatwaves been faking me out." Clay went back to singing, knowing that George likely wouldn't fall asleep for a while. "Can't make you happier now."

George cut him off.

"You have a nice voice, Clay." The british boy hummed. "Sing me to sleep?" Without hesitation, Dream nodded. The taller boy pulled a blanket over them, singing in a quiet voice.

"Sometimes, all I think about is you, late nights in the middle of June, heat waves been faking me out, can't make you happier now..." Clay sung, George slipping away with each and every word, consciousness falling from his grasp.

"All I think about is you..."

[A/N: Dont know how I feel about this one but it's pretty cute. Also, I CANT believe that this story has been out less than a week and this- this is chapter 20... Can you tell I have too much time on my hands?!!]