Untitled Part 22

"Not romance, not something animated, not thriller" I said as he flicked through the screen. We where siting on the couch, I had my legs over his while I rested my head on the side of the couch. I had a big grey blanket on me that covered my whole body except for my face.

"Might as well just read a book then" He mumbled to himself but loud enough for me to hear him and start laughing.

"We can watch an action movie" I said and watched as he clicked on a movie called 13 hours. After a few minutes in he seemed pretty engrossed while I found the movie a tad boring considering I've seen it before. 

"Have you always lived in Sugar Hill?" I asked, trying to strike a conversation with him but didn't have much luck.

"Mhm" He mumbled slowly, too engrossed in to the movie. He nodded with his head but didn't look at me.

"You're so boring" I said groaning and started to shake my legs up and down. He took a hold of my legs and stopped them from shaking, he quickly pulled me forwards so that my back was now on top of his thighs. In a matter if second he grabbed one of my arms and pulled me up so that I where now sitting on his lap, my back towards his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tightly against his chest. I put my head to my left and tried my best to look up to him. I could see him staring at the television with a small smile on his face.

"I can't believe you burnt it" I said yelling at Damon while he took the brownies out of the oven.

"Me?" He asked in a defensive tone "You're the one who forgot to press start on the timer".

"Whatever" I said and looked down at the brownies he placed down on the kitchen counter "They don't look that burnt" I said and gave the brownies a grimace. I looked at Damon to see him look at the brownies with a weird look.

"Taste it" I said and he turned to look at me with wide eyes.

"I'm not tasting that shit" He said and gave me a glare.

I gave him a smile but started to groan when I looked down at the brownies again. "I can't sell this".

"You can, they just won't by it" He said and started to laugh at his own words.

"Funny" I said dryly and hit him in the chest. "Do you know of a store that sells this?" I asked while pointing down towards the brownies while watching him shrug his shoulders.

"We can go check the grocery stores I guess".

"I see you failed" I turned around to see Medina coming towards me and pointing towards the box of already made brownies that I were holding in my hands. 

"Oh come on" I said looking down at Medina's hand to see she were holding a pack of pre made vegan jelly "You gotta be kidding me, it literally takes like ten minutes to make that". 

"Well hun" Medina said while giving me a glare "Brownies ain't that hard to make either" She added and looked down at my brownies. "Wait, those look good" She said and I nodded my head at her.

"Why thank you" I said and gave her a smile "They're even vegan too". She rolled her eyes at me and where about to open her mouth to say something but got interrupted. 

"You ready?" I looked behind Medina to see Damon walking towards us. He stopped in his tracks and stood beside Medina. I watched as she turned to her left to look at him. His eyes widened a bit when he made eye contact with her. I didn't really think much about it, considering Medina is from Sugar Hill but when she gave him wide eyes back a confusing look crept up on my face. I gave them both a weird glance and looked at them both. Medina's wide eyes quickly fell in to a confused look, she looked over to me and mouthed a "bye" before she looked away. I looked back to Damon to see him studying my face, I slowly felt a bit uncomfortable and watched as his eyes widened a bit.