Chapter 4

I stared at the window, willing my notebook to come back through it and hit Kaachan in the head. Unfortunately, it didn't.

I heard a plop just as I realized that the pond was directly underneath the window. I bolted out the door and down the stairs faster than I thought was possible. I ran to the pond to pull out my notebook but I hesitated when I saw that the fish were eating it.

Great. My dreams had turned to fish food. I grabbed my notebook and dragged my feet as I walked to the school gate. I could still hear Kaachan cackling as I got on my bike and rode home.

Timeskip

I sat at the kitchen table, waiting for my mom to finish dinner so I could eat and then do my homework.

"Izuku, sweetie?"

"Yeah, Mom?"

"Come here please, I'd like to hear about your day!"

"Okay!" I stood up, pushed my chair in, and walked to the kitchen.

"Honey, how was your day?" I froze. What was I supposed to tell her? That Kacchan was bullying me? That he told me I could never be a hero and crushed all of my dreams?

"Sweetie?"

"O-oh! Yeah! I just remembered that I have a lot of homework to do and I'm really tired and I have to get up early tomorrow and-" I continued rambling and flailing my arms until Mom interrupted me.

"Okay, Izuku, you can go to your room."

"Thanks, Mom!" I was so relieved that I think my shoulders visibly slumped. I ran up to my room and locked the door behind me. Thank god my mom wouldn't bug me any more.