epilouge

I had no idea what year it was

I had no idea what year it was. It felt like ages since Bobby had left camp. The California air seemed to stiffen over the years. I had become bored, everyone had. Nobody new had showed up in years. The camp was now so overgrown I could barely clean my cabin anymore without the proper cleaning tools. The stage banner was now almost completely white.

I tapped my fingers along windowsill to a song I made up. We had all created new hobbies and talents, songwriting being one of mine. Chet and Ray had taken up tennis, much to my dismay. I heard the racket hit the ball more times then I could count. That's another thing. I counted everything. Every time Montana smacked Trevor for saying some dumb shit, the times Xavier and I have killed Ramirez together. I was that bored. A pair of hands grabbed my hips making me jump. Xavier laughed and I frowned.

"Stop doing that." I told him sternly, a small smile breaking onto my face. He stuck his tongue out before throwing me over his shoulder. I laughed as he ran out of the cabin as fast he could. It was times like this that I felt human. My eyes widened and I told Xavier to stop. He stopped running and set me down.

"Bobby?" I asked cautiously. He looked to be in his forties now. He smiled walking past the entrance.

"Yes, I brought presents." Hw smirked. My eyes widened even bigger when I saw Donna and Brooke step out. I screamed engulfing them in a hug.

"Why are you here?" I asked the three. Xavier nodded.

"We wanted to see you guys for the last time." Donna said. My smile dropped. Brooke set her hand on my shoulder.

"Dawn, we're getting to old and this place, still haunts me. I'm sorry we should've came sooner." Brooke told me somberly. I nodded understanding.

"You have to see the others." Xavier told them. They nodded.

"First let me grab some stuff." Bobby told us. Brooke and Donna followed him to the van. I looked at Xavier in confusion. He shrugged.

"Help us." Donna called. Xavier and I walked to the entrance and watched as the three of pulled out weird devices.

"What are those?" Xavier asked taking one of the boxes.

"We figured it was time for all of you to connect with the world."

"Wifi." Brooke told us. I raised a brow. What the fuck was WiFi. Xavier and I shared the same look.

_______

"Oh my god Bobby!" Montana shouted running up the boy. He put down the box to hug her. All the others followed her pursuit hugging each of the three.

The whole day we spent setting up the strange TVs and devices.

"You got us phones, rad." Montana excitedly said touching the smooth surface. Her eyes were filled with awe making me giggle.

I sat on my bed as Brooke explained to me how to work the tv. Bobby explained how he would pay the bills each month with the help of Brooke and Donna. I was excited. We had something to do and something new.