A Small Survey

So first of all chapter 3 is in the works, I'm not dead and neither is this book lol 😂.

But as I'm working on it, I do have a quick question for you guys.

In these first two chapters, I've been using ONLY characters that appear in the movie. That's the way I planned it, for the main cast at least, and I'm happy with the way it turned out. There are so many differences between the movie and the older stuff from Horvath and Kim, in my head I can't really conceive of a way to combine the two without some really awkward/clunky transitions. And since this is a rewrite of the UglyDolls movie, my first priority is to do those characters justice, at least as well as I'm able. Plus I don't want to make things overly confusing to fans who didn't read or aren't interested in the older comic books by randomly dropping characters you've never heard of into the plot.

Even in scenes with a lot of extras, in the first few chapters I've stuck to characters that either appear or are mentioned in the movie, for example: Tray, Sporko, Uppy, Babo's Bird, Five-Eyed Steve, etc etc etc.

So here's my question: would it bother you guys if I used some of the classic Uglydolls characters like Niimah or Gato Deluxe as minor characters? I'm still not really planning on having them have any character development or part in the plot to be perfectly honest. They'd really only show up in crowd scenes where I need to convey the idea that there are a lot of uglies present, or a main character might say hello to them in passing, stuff like that. But like I said, I don't want to make this story harder to enjoy for fans who only like the movie. If it would be confusing or irritating to read, I can stick to the usual, Uppy, Tray, etc and so on. 

Alternatively, I could also describe the classic uglies instead of mentioning them by name if that would be better.

For example: Instead of "Gato Deluxe," it's "a blue catlike uglydoll"

Or, instead of "Niimah" it would be, "a purple ugly with four arms and a single antennae protruding from her head."

While I'm on the subject, I wanted to explain a little about a few of the characters I currently AM using as extras, as the movie leaves things.. A little vague as to who the dolls are.

Tray is purple and has three eyes. She wears a pair of three-lens glasses. She's seen quite a lot as an extra in crowd scenes, but only has one line, where she mentions that she also has three brains.

Sporko is pinkish-white and declares during Moxy's pep talk that he looks like a spork.

Uppy is hot pink with wing-looking things that look a little like a viking helmet tbh. She's the one who tells the Spy Girls that they're "Lookin' ugly!"

Dolliver just wants more soup. That's it, that's the post 😂.

Cook is the one doling out soup when Uglyville is in it's depression. He tells Dolliver to get lost.

Octavia is the larger three-eyed octopus.

Legs is Octavia's son that she's shown comforting right before Ice Bat tries to drown.

Babo's Bird is in Uglydog's house during the song It Doesn't Get Better Than This. They have the line, "Put it in your paper!"

Frank is green, and has three eyes, three pointy teeth, and two antennae-like appendages sticking straight up on either side of his head. In the scene where the uglydolls all start coming in to the arena to watch the gauntlet, he scares some pretty dolls. I'd have to go back and check, but I think he might've been running the newspaper stand during It Doesn't Get Better Than This as well.

Oh yeah one last thing, I'm not sure whether I'm gonna delete this chapter once the official chapter 3 is up or just leave it like this, I'm honestly undecided. Probably will end up taking this part down just for neatness' sake, idk though bc I'm not sure if it'll be useful in the future to readers who aren't as familiar with characters like Uppy or Tray.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think!

See you soon (hopefully 😂😅) in the next chapter!