• hey pretty stranger 🌸🍃

3rd person pov

it was quite early in the day, and kokichi was on his usual morning stroll down main street of his hometown- except today he was accompanied by his best friend miu. yesterday night she had assisted kokichi in throwing a party at his house while his parents were out of town, and ended up staying the night. kokichi blasted music through his earbuds to drown out her obnoxious post-hangover laughter as they walked. some time passed and miu started insisting kokichi change his usual walking route just slightly, so the two could check out a newly opened coffee shop called komorebi café. kokichi reluctantly agreed, shoving miu playfully for annoying him, before taking out his earbuds and following her to the coffee shop.

the coffee shop was pretty, with a pastel green and pink flower garden theme. miu grabbed a two person seat by a window that looked out on the town, leaving kokichi to be the one to order. kokichi walked up to the counter, and was greeted by a blonde girl with music note hairclips. the nametag on her apron read "kaede".
"welcome to komorebi café, what can i get you?" she asked, beaming.
kokichi squinted at the girl's- kaede's- nametag, and looked up at her with a devious grin.
"g'morning kayayday," he said, acting as if he'd known the girl for years. "can i have-" he was interrupted by a pastel green haired boy in an apron who walked up behind kaede, tapping her shoulder before mumbling that she was needed in the back.
kaede turned around, and gave him a small smile. "i'll send someone else up to take your order," she said before following the green haired boy out of sight.
kokichi rolled his eyes at the inconvenience. just as he was turning around to walk back to miu to complain, he heard a voice behind him.
"h-hello-"
he immediately turned back around, only to see a shy-looking boy taller than him, with navy-green hair and a small smile.
fuck is he pretty.
kokichi smirked and leaned forward slightly with his hands on the counter.
"hiiiii,"'he paused to read the boy's nametag, "shuichiii," he added.
shuichi shifted, slightly uncomfortable.
"what can i get y-you?"
kokichi thought for a second.
"a half and half coffee and a chockie chip cookie!"
"ch-chockie chip-? do you mean chocolate chip-?"
"yup," kokichi nodded.
shuichi gave him an weird look and kokichi swore he saw the boy's face flush for a split second.
"a-anything else?"
kokichi turned his head around.
"MIUUU," he yelled across the store, earning looks from other customers. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
"A BROWNIE," miu yelled back, "AND NO WEED THIS TIME," she added.
kokichi turned back around to face the boy- shuichi.
"a brownie, no weed," he said.
"got it-" shuichi said, "i'll be right b-back with your order-" and rushed to the back of the store.
kokichi rolled his eyes and walked back over to miu.
how awkward. how cute.

"YOU'RE PROBABLY INTO HIM OR SOMETHING!" miu said, so loudly that she spit crumbs of brownie onto the table.
"shut the fuck up," kokichi muttered as he leaned back in his seat and took a sip of coffee, "what are you on? i'm not into anyone. love is for idiots."
"you're just saying that because you're insecure over being a virgin," she cooed.
"pfft-" kokichi almost spat out his coffee, at which miu laughed.

on their way out, kokichi gave shuichi a massive tip, but instead of placing it into the tip jar, he handed it directly to the teenager. kokichi then winked at shuichi- at which the boy blushed- and strolled away, miu following, laughing loudly.
kokichi knew he would be coming back to the coffee shop soon, since he just couldn't get his mind off the pretty boy with the shy smile.

--sorry for any typos--