Chapter 5 " Demigods need lessons on avoiding attention"

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Sad.
Idk the actual date of the events bu I'm just gonna estimate.
________________________________

Gotham City
23 May 2017, 8.30pm

Dick POV

    It's been about five years since the seven of us, the original team members and Roy, discovered who we really are.

So five years of hiding that information from everyone and still not a single person suspects. I know that for sure as I do a regular scan of everyone's mind to see is they had any suspicion.

No. I am not reading their private thoughts. Just making sure our secret is safe.

The Young Justice team had increased in numbers in the last few years. Now we had new people like Beast boy, AKA Garfield Logan, the boy we saved all those years back with M'gann's blood that gave him powers.

We also had two new robins. Umm... one of them, Jason Todd, kinda died and came back to life. We don't talk about that. No one in their right mind would constantly talk about the death of their little brother, even if he did come back. He now went by the name of Red Hood, an anti-hero in Gotham.

The current Robin is my little brother, Tim. I have two sisters, Cassandra or as we calm her, Cass and Stephanie. They co by Black Bat and Spoiler. So much for the ' I work alone' B! Also, Barbara is now Batgirl.

So far, Bruce is the only one that knows, other than the reincarnated people, that Wally and I were dating. As far as anyone else was concerned, Wally was dating Artemis while I'm
still single.

It does work in our favor. Now Kaldur is undercover in the Light while Artemis who was apparently ' killed ' by Kaldur was also there as Tigress.

Wally is now playing the ' I just lost my girlfriend and hate my best friend so leave me alone' role extremely well.

I wonder is Kaldur and Artemis was doing other things than spying on the Light.

So that brings us here. To me slowly walking to Wally and Artemis's house in Palo Alto. Well, I was until Wally decided to ran past, scooping me up and just speeding to the living room and plopping me down on the couch.

Seriously. I can walk.

" Hey what took you so long?"

Arse.

" Wally, I just got your message like ten minutes ago." I growled. " Yeah, but you could have used your powers to teleport here in like five seconds." He whined.

" As far as everyone is concerned, I am a vigilante with NO superpowers. I can't just zap myself everywhere. People would start asking questions that would lead to suspicion."

" Oh... right."

" So what do you want? Not that I'm objecting to being here but we are supposed to be playing the roles of a mourning boyfriend and a best friend that got said boyfriend's girlfriend killed."

" Umm... I kinda used the program you gave me to hack into the Justice League database. Apparently a so called gang had been running around New York City, or more specifically, Manhattan, beating up cheer leaders and animals. Sound familiar?" He said.

" Let me guess. Demigods?"

" Yep. I erased all data about that. I am about ninety nine percent sure that no one is aware of it."

" Good thing too. If Diana were to see that, she would most likely have known that it was a demigod's doing. Then with Batman's paranoia, he would assign a team to go check it out. With the chance that said team would be members of Young Justice, one of the reincarnated would be sent. One of the gods would then figure out that we are reincarnates, which would lead to more unwanted questions." I hypothesized.

" I didn't think that far but yeah." I just glared at him.

" Once we are done with this invasion, we can figure out what to do next. For now, the Reach is our main priority."

" We probably should part ways to not raise suspicion." He said. He looked kind of sad.

" Yeah. See ya." I turned and made for the door.

Just before my figures touched the handle, Wally's hand shot out to grab my wrist. He spun me around and kissed me. Dude. Give a guys a little warning would you? Not that I'm complaining.

" See you next time babe." He whispered. Before releasing me.

I smiled and opened the door.

After this invasion, we won't have to hid anymore. One way or another, we would be together.

Also, the demigods suck at keeping themselves under the radar.
________________________________

I know. It's my shortest actual chapter so far. But I was really busy and this morning I woke up and was like " Shit! My story! Need to update." I'll write longer chapters when I actually start having more free time.

Please comment what you think.

Word count: 815