One.

I woke up to the sound of the bathroom window screeching. Startling me as I sat up straight in my bed. I was prepared for someone to barge in and hold a gun to my head, knowing the area we live in isn't the safest.

I fumbled under my bed for my old baseball bat I never use, just for a little bit of protection. I wasn't scared to use it as a weapon. Being the curious little shit I was I decided to investigate the situation myself, slowly opening my wooden door hoping it wouldn't creak like per usual. But it did.

"Shit" I curse under my breath.

I didn't waste anytime walking from my bedroom to the bathroom wanting to get this all over and done with. The lights flickered to life making my heart rate increase.

"Are you fucking serious" relaxing my muscles, I drop the bat at my side. "Why the hell are you trying to get through the window, we do have a front door ya know" I state quietly not wanting to wake my younger sister up.

"I'm so sorry honey" My Mother spoke from the window. I could tell she had been drinking. The way her hair stuck up in many different places and the growing bags that hung under her bloodshot eyes from the lack of sleep she's had in the past month. I don't blame her really. The amount of shit we've been through has been tough for us.

"Here let me help you" I grabbed her hands pulling slightly till she stumbled through the window.

"Thanks love" Leaving a sloppy kiss on my forehead she walked out of the bathroom straight to the kitchen.

Knowing exactly what she was going to do I smiled slyly to myself waiting for her question.

"Where the hell is my alcohol?"

"Obviously not in this house" I said making my way the kitchen.
It was a mess. Empty bottles scattered over the counter tops, dirty dishes from the night before. We really weren't coping.

"Mum, come sit down" I sighed placing a hand on her shoulder.

I sat her down on a dining room chair.

"I'm a bloody mess Arabella" she spoke rubbing her temple.

"You don't think I realise that" I laughed under my breath.

"We've got nothing left" She spoke again.

"We've got each other" I claimed filling up a (hopefully) clean glass with cold water. "Here, drink up"

"Your so good to me" Mum smiled weakly taking a sip of water.

"I try my best"

It stayed silent for a minute or two. I could tell Mum was thinking, she made a face when she did. I've been told I do it too. I've also been told I'm a spitting image of her. Which I can honestly say I am. My straight brown hair and my glossy green eyes made us look so similar.

"I'm gonna get some sleep in for tomorrow" I said. "You should head off soon too" I suggested.

"I'm just going to sit here for a while"

"You sure?" Raising an eyebrow I questioned.

"Yeah, you head off, don't want you missing your first day back" She forced a smile up at me.

"Okay then" I kissed her forehead. "Don't leave it too late Mum"

"I won't Bella" She said gazing out the window at the remaining peak of sun.

I smiled to myself admiring the remains of the sunset too.

"Night" I said spinning on my heel and heading back to bed.

I quickly checked on Daisy hoping we didn't wake her up from our small conversation. We hadn't.

I slipped back into bed with thoughts of my Mum in my head.

I really do wonder how she's coping.

I'd hate to be in her situation, sometimes I feel like I am. Well sometimes I act like I am. I become a motherly figure for Daisy, I seem to deal with most of the crap that Mums going through. I wish I could take away her pain and lift a whole weight off her shoulders, but not even a 17 year old can deal with what she's going through. I've tried before. I've tried to contact Daisy and I's father hoping he'll someday pick up the call and tell me he loves me and regrets what he did. But I know he's not like that, at all. He's a thieving prick. I don't know why I bother trying to reach him, because I know he doesn't care anymore. Daisy seems to think he does. But I've learned to give up hope. In almost everything.

//
First chapter!!! I really hope you like it. Keep reading if you enjoyed this chapter. This was just a little insight to Arabella's life so far. Thanks for reading, please leave feedback, okay, thank you
xoxo