Lumière

10 Year's Later

The sound of the alarm woke me up from a very peaceful sleep, today is going to be a good day, so I got up went to my bathroom, and looked at Myself in the mirror.

I took out my toothbrush and brushed my teeth, showered then covered myself in my towel and walked to my bedroom.

I've always loved winter, the comfort food, and cuddling with my teddy bear having hot chocolate, so the countdown to winter and Christmas would begin soon because it was the last few weeks of fall and I couldn't wait for my birthday too which happens to be on Christmas Day.....

When I was done I went downstairs to check on my mom and found her peacefully sleeping on her bed I kissed her cheek because she always says I wake her up the best way with kisses.

She turned and opened one eye ...

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life momma"

"I know you're going to make us proud remember what we told you"

"That I'm the light that shines the brightest"

She nodded and kissed me...

"Don't worry about breakfast"

The doorbell rang signaling that Aunty Drew is here she's taking care of my mom when I'm busy you could call her my mom's nurse/best friend  I need someone to look after her so she doesn't end up lost again.

She left to visit her family for the weekend and now she's back and I couldn't be happier.

"Good morning ladies"

"Good morning Aunty Drew"

"I'll make sure she eats and takes her medication okay"

"Thank you I'll have my phone on for any emergencies please don't hesitate to call me"

"It's your first day Lumi make sure you kick some butt"

"Language Drew I'm not too sick to kick you "

We all laughed and I hugged miss Drew and kissed my mom.

"I love you my sweet baby girl you're my favorite"

"I'm your only baby girl momma"

"Ohhh whatever doesn't make me take it back," she said smiling.

"Bye"

"When you come back tell me about the numbers and men you met" Aunty Drew said smiling ...

"Did you say something I can't hear you"

I quickly ran off the door and walked to my car unlocked it, got in and turned on the ignition, breathed in and out then drove away.

I always listen to music like I'm ready to make myself deaf if it's not loud what is the point right?

The drive was short and pleasant Saint Mary's Memorial Hospital in bold big letters was written on a big whiteboard, I was finally here took a lot of hard work to be accepted here.

I took one last breath and opened my car took my bag, locked my car then walked to the reception.

"Pssst.... psst" I hate being called like that so I ignored the person saying this and waited at the reception hoping that someone would help me.

A very nice old lady with blonde hair and blue eyes smiled at me and told me where to go thank God for my uniform(scrubs) or else I would still be explaining why I was here.