Christmas

A few weeks have passed after thanksgiving and a lot happened during that time.

I'm happy it's finally winter ,we took my mom to a home where they will love and care for her as we would it was so hard but it felt right, I still make sure I check on her every week.

Things at work are tolerable, we have lives to save so we work well together, I made a mistake one time and nearly gave the wrong child medication she was allergic to and Maddie showed me in time she thinks it was Kate but I didn't have time for the drama.

I shared a couple of contacts from the conference, (perks of attending the conference I got contacts for the organizers and people who attended the conference) and shared that with her.

She was surprised but I was taught light diminishes darkness and I showed love to stop her from spreading hate.

We got along after and made sure we got things right and helped our patients.

Oliver finally left me alone me I couldn't be happier.

Xavier came in one night when I was doing a double shift and brought me a cup of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows like my dad used to and I couldn't help but cry happy tears.

It tasted amazing my dad would say that's the taste of love that made me and Aunty Drew make fun of him for being in love with my mom.

He hugged me and left and I got busy with the work that was left.

2 days later...

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Christmas Day

We all volunteered for the Christmas party for the kids and After begging Xavier he was dressed as Santa with a stuffed belly he pulled it off.

I took so many pictures of him because he looked too cute.

The way he played with the kids made my heart skip a beat he is truly an amazing boyfriend...

We got them presents and baked gingerbread for them, some parents came and were happy that we did that for their kids.

It was a success the smile on their faces made it all worth it.

"Lumi please come here" Mrs. Brown came to me.

"Yes, Mrs. Brown...I mean Miss Michele"

She smiled...

"Happy birthday "

"Thank you so much, Miss Michele"

Then she handed me a box of chocolates and I hugged her...

After our party, we had to clean up and most people had left.

Maddy and Xavier joined me so we could finish faster so we make it to our lunch, which took longer because Xavier kept dancing and Maddie joined him.

It was finally time for our Christmas lunch and I invited Kate, her fiancé, Maddy, Mario(Maddy's boyfriend), and Xavier to come with his parents.

Lauren made a special appearance we were happy to have her, we took a trip down memory lane she was sorry about my mom but she told me at least I have them and it's true.

At first, I couldn't believe it but I was happy because it is the season to be jolly and we were all having fun.

Aunty Drew went all the way with the decorations and the food.

It was indeed a beautiful day we opened presents and started singing Christmas Carols.

Kate called me aside and handed me a box I opened it only to find a contract "Head of Nurse(PICU) I couldn't believe it I hugged her and thanked her.