Private Jet?

Work was busy and Kate made it harder I don't understand what I did to her but she hasn't been herself, that's why I couldn't trust her she just changes when you least expect it.

"Sooo Maddie I need to talk to you"

I told her while walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

"About the NWC in Orlando"

"How did you know about that"

"People gossip and you have been very popular my friend"

"Do you think that's why Kate is being such a bitch to me?

She nodded.

"She's been training you and all of the nurses here knew you would go not because of Xavier but because you love what you do"

"I don't need drama"

"I know my friend but that's how it is"

"He just told me about it," I said.

"Mrs. Brown chose you and his dad wanted him to take this seriously so it's perfect"

"I've never traveled anywhere outside New York "

"There's a First time for everything you never told me about the kiss"

I blushed...

"I felt like I was floating"

"New love huh "

"I'm coming later to help you pack okay"

"You are heaven sent"

I smiled and we ate our food it was great to talk to her she was genuinely interested in what I was saying and listened even gave me great advice.

"5 days Lumi hmmm"

"We leave on a Sunday then Monday it starts Tuesday I guess it's the continuation, Wednesday is the last day of the conference then we come back Thursday"

"You should break your virginity"

"Shhhh Maddie and no I won't"

She laughed and we went back to our unit ...

"Sleeping with the bosses son to get ahead I see "

I ignored her because this is work and if she's trying to start drama I am not in the mood.

"Did you have to ...." Kate said...

"Kate please let's just get this over and done with"

"I've been working here for 5 years and not once have I been considered and you come here for a few weeks and you're already the talk of the town "

"Trust me I don't  like the attention either," I said

"Just stay away from me because you want to replace me"

"Kate you have helped me since the first day I earned my place here and won't let you make me feel bad for working my butt off and getting things done"

I was getting loud I felt bad because it was unprofessional and I was angry and hurt.

"Everyone needs to calm down, Kate this is your final warning you can't keep bullying, nurses, just because you are their superior you are supposed to teach them"

"Yes mam"

She walked away and I stayed and finished my job.

Was I back in high school dealing with bullying again?