april 16th

dream knew that in about 3 months time, he'd never have a chance again. if he ever wanted to show george what he actually looked like, now was his shot.

maybe george would find him so attractive that he'd fall in love; but really, that was nothing more than a foolish thought. george is straight and he said that multiple times. dream didn't even think he was just denying his sexuality. sure, anyone could argue that their dynamic suggested something more than platonic but that just wouldn't be right. george was outgoing with his friends and that was all there was to it. george valued all of his friends, joked with all his friends, made memories with all of his friends. dream was not special.

dream flopped down onto his bed in a huff.

~~

george

hey dream do you wanna call tonight?
i'm so bored
help

dream

talking sounds pretty nice
i can video call in about 20 minutes, just trying to finish up a project

george

video call?
what, so i can look at your ceiling?

dream

would you rather look at me?

george

dumb question

dream

okay
well if you don't want to look at my ceiling, i guess i'll let you look at me or something

george read through those messages probably a total of seven times. after years of begging his best friend to show him his face and a couple of arguments later, had the time finally come? why now? it was all so out of the blue.

it wasn't that he wasn't excited; he was ecstatic. now sapnap couldn't taunt him and he'd join that exclusive club of the few people that have seen dream's face.

the next twenty minutes crept by so slowly for george as his heart raced. nervous excitment bubbled up inside of him, and he couldn't even bare to sit still. he bounced on his bed, moved between his bedroom, dining room and sitting room, before finally settling down as he waited for the ringtone to play out.

he smiled to himself, near giddiness. he finally was getting to see his best friend.

four thousand miles away, the best friend in question was panicking. he almost wanted to just back out because so many things could go wrong. what if he started coughing up blood and petals on the phone? what if his face turned too red if he blushed? what if george thought he was ugly?

he tried to avoid looking at mirrors but it was almost as though he was a narcissist with the amount that he tried to fix his appearance in the small pane of glass.

needless to say, those 20 minutes weren't for a project but rather so that dream could mentally prepare. he felt like he was gonna die on the spot.

with shaky hands, dream picked up the phone.

george, though he expected the call, still jumped.

both boys said hi at the same time before laughing.

george took everything about dream in; the way his hair slightly fell into his eyes as if he hadn't gotten a haircut since before the new year, the slight freckles on his cheeks, and the yellow eyes that he somehow pulled off. obviously george knew they were green, but even if dream did have yellow eyes, he wouldn't look half bad.

dream just sat there, unsure of what to say. were they supposed to just have a normal conversation now?

luckily, george broke the silence, giggling. "dream actually has a face? and he has pissbaby eyes? woah."

and then the two fell into their comfortable conversations, laughing, wheezing, their topics going from what their rooms look like to punny jokes about each others names and so much more.

dream, though he did enjoy it, kept his guard up. he tried to steer the conversation away from more personal things, always going back to the light hearted comments.

something that dream really hated about hanahaki was the fact that he couldn't even laugh as hard as he used to without suffocating on the damned petals that came up his throat. so, the two being in such a giggly mood was nearly fatal, and that wasn't even an exaggeration.

dream came up with four different excuses during the course of the nearly three hour call, impressed with how smoothly they rolled off of his tongue but scared of how quick he could lie. still, he tried to keep his mindset in a joyous mood and with george being there, it really helped.

dream was pretty sure his favorite part of the call was when george took cat and brought them close to the screen so dream grabbed patches and they joked that the cats were gonna kiss through the screen. so essentially, they just acted like ten year olds.

dream was the one to end the call, as the feeling of his chest tightening was prominent again. he figured he might as well just hang up rather than try his luck with another excuse, so the pair bid each other a goodnight.

dream sat on the floor of his bathroom afterwards, trying to catch his breath. he was so glad he did that, without a doubt, but it made everything seem so much harder. every time he got closer to george, it stung a little; the two looked at each other in different ways, and neither mentalities looked like they would be changing any time soon.

back in dream's bedroom, he was met with a buzz from the phone on the nightstand. he wanted to clear his notification before he went to bed so he opened the phone, looking at what it was.

@/georgenotfound

guys dream is so hot

oh george. he was so naïve to feelings sometimes.