《4》 "Something changed.."

Ah, another wonderful night full of nightmares. Springing up from your bed, you got changed. This time slightly more formal, by that you added Jean's and kept the rest of your look. [Or if you are female/like wearing dresses you put that on] smiling to yourself, you walked out of your room, bumping into someone after a few seconds of walking. Wow, that's a new record, if only you had a timer.

"Just the person I was looking for." It was Nightmare, but what did he want? "You are going to start learning magic. I don't want my team to worry about keeping some defenseless and pathetic human safe." He hissed as Nightmare began to walk, you followed. "First au hopping then-"

"I don't get it." You cut him off, Nightmare raised a non existent eyebrow, "What are aus? Everyone has been saying it. But I don't know what they are." You were tired of being confused!

"Hm, makes sense you dont know what aus are. Guess I'll have to explain." The two of you continued walking, where was he leading you anyways? "Aus stand for, Alternate Universes. I am an alternate version of, Sans. Killer, Cross, Error, Dust, and Horror are all alternate versions. We all have different aus. Or no aus." This is where you would say makes sense, but it was just confusing! "You, come from an Au, your home is nothing but a clone of the original timeline and au. But you, your code is new....a glitch."

You were a glitch? Au? Everyone you knew and loved, were all just different versions of other people? You didnt even notice Nightmare stopped walking until you bumped into him. His tendrils picked you up as he scoffed. Training began as soon as you stepped foot outside. Wonder why outside.

Oh you found out a few seconds later it was because he was sparing with you. You didn't even have a weapon! Your trait allows you to heal, you didnt know how to use the negativity soul trait for shit! And he just expects you to fight him? Hes insane!

《Switching to third person》

[Y/n] was visibly tired, and weak, and boy was Nightmare having a fun time. He didn't even have to try much to beat them up! He almost felt pity for the human..key word almost, Nightmare was feeding off the negative energy from the stumbling human. But decided to stop, he did need to teach [y/n] to not get taken by those 'star sans' group. Ugh, positive just disgusted the goopy skeleton

[Y/n] was breathing heavily, "N-nightmare what the heck...." they paused to breathe, "I can...heal that's about i-it." They clarified glaring at the skeleton infront of their tired form.

"Hm, what a shame. Such strong soul trait, and you can't even use it to defend yourself? You truly are weak." He gave a harsh pat making [y/n] stumble. "Heres the thing, the real reason I came out here with you. [Y/n]." That was the first time in a while that hes called them by their actual name! What a miracle! "You need to be able to defend yourself, and flee whenever a certain group of skeletons arrive." Had [y/n] always had that blue scarf? Nightmare pushed the thought aside, "You are a valuable asset to the team. Your soul. Error or I will teach you how to au hop and use your soul ability. Well cross and the others can do that."

That made much more sense to the smaller human [apologies if you are tall. For the sake of the story please accept being shorter than the skeles.] Nightmare radiated a 'you are dismissed' aura so [y/n] left with a wave, that wasnt the type of quality time they were expecting to have but it was progress. He called them by their name so, that was a good start at least! She didn't have very high Hope's of getting closer to the skeleton.

Nightmare had grabbed [y/n]'s arm and the two teleported somewhere. The [h/c] human was no where near prepared so as soon as the two landed in a white void, they held their head as everything spun. When their vision was back to normal, Error was impatiently standing there. Tapping his black sandals on the floor.