lxxv. the face behind the glass (6.04)

With the knowledge that you are all safe to stay in Sanctum, everyone gets assigned to a room above the tavern. Luckily they have enough rooms for you and Bellamy to share a room alone, giving you some much needed privacy. Something you get to experience for roughly one minute before there's a soft knock on the door.

You turn to look at your boyfriend, both of you in the middle of undressing, preparing to go to bed after the chaos of the last day has settled in, exhausting you both. But you have a pretty good idea of who's at the door and so does Bellamy, so you both redress quickly and pull the door open, revealing your twin. Her voice is low, not wanting to wake any of the others as most of your rooms are all housed pretty close together. "Can I come in?"

You turn to look at Bellamy, who nods, just as eager to hear about what all of you missed while you were gone earlier. So you step back and usher her into the room, closing the door softly behind her as she steps inside. The three of you pile into the bed facing each other, and your gaze drops down to your twin's bandaged hand. "What happened? Start at the beginning and don't leave anything out."

"As soon as you guys left, Russell invited me to dinner with him and Simone so we could discuss whether we'd be allowed to stay. Unfortunately for us, Jordan spent most of his time talking to Delilah, telling her everything about us, the good and the bad. It got back to Russell and Simone, and they decided that we couldn't stay because we're violent people and violence spreads like a disease."

"That explains your shock at Russell letting us stay. So what changed his mind? We heard him mention you saving Delilah, but how did you save her?"

"As soon as I got back from the dinner and changed, I went looking for Jordan because I was pissed that he ruined everything for us. But when I went to the roof to find him, he was passed out on a cot with a paralytic dart in his neck. He managed to point out a guy running away from the tavern with a covered wheelbarrow, which we later found out had Delilah inside. I chased after him, along with a guard, but we split up so he could go inform Russell. I eventually found the guy and fought him off, but he cut my hand in the process and he freaked out as soon as he saw my Nightblood."

"Weird."

She shakes her head, giving you a serious look. "It gets weirder. Russell and Cillian both saw my blood too and they acted really strange about it. Russell eventually cut his finger to show me that he too is a Nightblood. He said our blood is royal. Delilah's too, which is why they took her. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like how everyone reacted when they found out about the color of my blood, which is why you and Madi aren't going to tell anyone you're Nightbloods. You both need to be careful and avoid any injuries that will clue them in, because right now it feels like I have a target on my back, and I don't want them to paint a target on yours."

"I understand, I'll be careful."

She nods, relieved to hear you say it before she turns her gaze to Bellamy, who has been silent throughout this entire conversation. "What happened to Octavia?"

He sighs, his shoulders sagging as she reminds him of what he's done to protect all of you and your fragile alliance with Sanctum. "I left her behind. As long as she's in Sanctum, she's a threat to the peace we're trying to achieve."

You see Clarke open her mouth, looking like she wants to ask more, but you can tell from Bellamy's body language that he doesn't want to say anything beyond that. So you reach out and place a hand on Clarke's knee, giving her a subtle shake of your head. "We're exhausted and in desperate need of a good night's sleep. Can we talk more in the morning?"

She nods, smiling a little, already sliding off the bed. "Of course."

You follow her to the door, both of you hugging before she slips out into the hall with a quiet whisper of, "Good night, lovebirds."