Chapter 2

"Whoa whoa! Slow down, Star!" Marco caught up to Star, trying to catch his breath. He didn't want her to slip and fall.

"But we got to meet them!" Star insisted. "You need some more friends, too."

"What do you mean? I have... Like... 1." Marco rolled his eyes. "And that's all I need."

"Come on, Marco... It won't hurt to make some more!" Star bounced over him, touching nose-to-nose.

"But.. Maybe they are psycho killers! This is a bad idea, it could be dangerous." Marco says as an excuse and turned around to leave, but Star grabbed his hood.

"No! Let's go meet them!" Star dragged him to the front door. She knocked on the door very fast. A boy, with dark handsome hair opened up.

"¡Hola Star!" Paco exclaimed.

"Paco! You live down the street from us!?" Star exclaimed happily.

"Oh boy..." Marco muttered under his breath.

"Sí, sí muchacho. How are you? Would you like to come in?" Paco offered.

"Would I!" Star let go of Marco, whose head hit the ground hard. "Come on, Marco!"

Marco groaned and got up and ran inside behind Star. Boxes had scattered the place.

"We just moved in. But you can sit on... The couch." Paco nodded, offering her a seat.

Star sat on the springy sofa and bounced up and down excitedly. Marco sat next to her, shyly.

"Be careful, Star!" Marco pulled her away from her spot as a box fell and crumbled on the couch, then to the ground.

"Woo! Thank you, Marco! You're a lifesaver! Literally!" Star pulled out the hard candy and put it on his nose.

"Oh! So sorry, amigo. We have boxes stacked everywhere." Paco moved some boxes away from the two.

"Ohhh it's okay Paco." Star giggled and blushed.

Marco glared at Paco. Something was not right with him. But Marco couldn't put his finger on it.

"I must get to unpacking, but you are welcomed to stay as long as you like." Paco nods happily.

He was happy. Too happy. Marco didn't like this guy.

"We should get going. Marco and I got a lot of homework! Right, Marky!?" Star glanced over to him, using the petty nickname she gave him.

"Yes. We do." Marco scoffed, but not towards Star.

"Bye Paco! Talk to you later!" Star sang as she grabbed Marco's arm and skipped out of his house.

"I dunno, Star, I have a weird feeling about that guy..." Marco admitted.

"What? Nah! He's a perfectly normal guy!" Star laughed after doing a raspberry.

"Let's just go home. I'm tired and my homework isn't going to do itself." Marco sighed.

"Alright! And I need to feed our laser puppies! Cocoa Mug, Lord Sunshine Lollypops, Rainbow Sparkles III, Sir Chocolate Dip, Nacho Cheese, Sundae Sprinkles, and Narwhal need to be fed!" Star exclaimed.

Marco chuckled and nodded.

...

The laser puppies barked and shot lasers out of their eyes as they entered through.

They barked excitedly and jumped on Marco, knocking him down.

"Awwwww! Too cute!" Star took a picture with Marco's cell phone she had been carrying in her pocket.

"How long have you had that?" Marco asked as he gets up.

"Let's do our homework!" Star changed the subject as she skipped into the kitchen, pulling out her textbook out of her tiny purse.

"Um, Star? How'd you fit that in there?" Marco asked, examining her purse.

"Oh, my purse? It has a ton a ton of space in it! It's bigger on the inside! See?" Star opened up her purse.

"Whoa...." Marco glanced around. "And it's not heavy?"

"Nope!" Star put her bag on Marco's shoulder, who instantly fell to the ground.

"I'm not okay..." Marco groaned.

"Oops! Sorry!" Star giggled, putting her purse back on her shoulder and helping Marco up.

"Let's get our homework done, wild boy!" Star chuckled as she opens up her textbook.

...

Star had fallen asleep on her textbook while Marco had his face stuck in the textbook, fast asleep.

A loud bark suddenly awoke Marco.

"Huh... Wha... What time is it?" Marco glanced up to the clock.

"10:30? We need to go to bed... At least we finished." Marco mumbled to himself, glancing over to Star.

"Star... Star... We need to go to bed." Marco mumbled sleepily.

No reply.

Marco scoffed softly as he began to pick Star up. He couldn't leave her down here in an uncomfortable position.

He carried her up the stairs, bridal style. He opened the door carefully and tucked her into bed.

"Goodnight, Star." Marco yawned as he shuts the door quietly.

"Goodnight, Marco."