1| Make Sure The Couple Cancels The Date

⚡💧🐲💧⚡

Nya hummed one of her favourite songs as she applied blush to her cheeks, other make-up articles littering her vanity. She smiled at her reflection in the mirror, turning her head from side to side to inspect her work, her ponytail swinging with the movement.

She adjusted her silver bracelet with little moon-shaped charms adorning it. It was a present from Jay for her birthday that passed recently. She had a suspicion that her boyfriend had got it out from Kai that the water master loved anything that featured a moon.

She didn't mind when Jay would go to Kai for every single detail on her. She actually encouraged it by saying, "Kai knows about that," or "Why don't you ask Kai?" instead of revealing anything herself.

If everything went smoothly and she and Jay did end up getting married, she would want Kai and Jay to have a good brother-in-law relationship. Even little steps counted as progress, right?

Right now, she just wondered what her date with Jay was going to be like. Nice? Good? Romantic? A total flop?! Nya shuddered at the thought of anything going wrong in their rare moments alone without the fate of the world hanging over their shoulders.

Positive thoughts, Nya. Positive thoughts.

With a fresh, new resolve, the ravenette twirled around, the frills on her teal blue dress flowing and trailing along. Nothing was going to ruin this date. Not even their ninja duties.

However, the Master of Water had spoken too soon. Just then, a knock sounded on her bedroom door and Nya, hoping it was Jay, giggled and answered, "Enter!"

Her face fell in disappointment as Kai's worried (and unwelcomed) face poked in from around the door. Jumping to the conclusion, Nya assumed he was here to make her change her mind about the date or -if he failed at that- tell her to be safe no matter what.

"Hey, sis," he muttered, stepping in and softly closing the door behind him. He smiled at how pretty his sister looked but it quickly vanished as he remembered what he was here for.

Nya raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at her brother, a scowl on her face. "Don't hey sis me," she snapped to which Kai winced. "Every time you show your face when I'm getting ready for a date, you jinx it!"

The Master of Fire cringed for this was the very reason he had come to talk to her. He sighed as he walked over to his little sister and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Nya, I'm a horrible brother and I know how important this date is to you but I need your help."

Nya pushed him away, glaring at him all the while. "No! Ask for my help after my date." She folded her arms and dared Kai to say anything that might want to make her yell at him non-stop. "You should go get ready for your date as well," she added, her eyes narrowed to slits. "Skylor's probably waiting for you."

"Exactly!" Kai suddenly stated, finding hope now that he knew his sister had acknowledged his own arrangements with the redhead. "I have to go on this date with her without interruptions because if I don't, Sky's going to break up with me!"

Nya rolled her eyes at her brother's dramatic acting. "What did you now?" she asked, unammused.

Kai smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head as he looked everywhere but at Nya. "I may not have been spending as much time with her as I promised to so I arranged this special date to compensate for my . . . er, tardiness."

Nya was sure her brain cells were face-palming and her hand moved to do the same action. "You're hopeless, really," she muttered. "I don't know why Skylor even puts up with you. Do the poor girl a favour and break up."