Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer?

The morning light blinded my eyes, and I had to squint a little, because I didn't want to wake up at all. I gradually begin to move, stretching my arms up, and immediately felt a piercing pain in my back. As it turned out, falling asleep in a rocking chair was not a good idea, because it is far from the same as sleeping in a bed. One shoulder became very numb and I started rubbing that place with my fingers a little in order to stretch it a little. It didn't get any easier, but I almost woke up. The firewood in the fireplace had burned out long ago and the fireplace had completely cooled down. Therefore, the room is was cold.

I got up carefully from the chair. Slightly staggering, I wandered into the bath, while looking into my room to take home clothes and underwear.

In the bathroom, there was a small table in the corner with a basin and a large jug of water on it. I went to the jug, touched the water, and it was cold.

I took off all my dirty clothes and threw them in the Laundry basket.

I poured some water from the pitcher into the wash basin, then soaked a rag in the basin of water and began to wipe my face and body. I washed my face in cold water and put on clean new underwear.

The upper part – camisole, and the bottom - short well-sewn pantaloons. It was my underwear. Women's fashion scares me very much, and wearing long knickers with an open crotch, I'm sorry, but my health is more important. That's why I like to make my own clothes and don't go shopping much. I'm not rich and I don't chase fashion. If I want to sew something, I just listen to myself, think about what I want.

I changed into Kurta with light loose pants. I left the bathroom and went to the kitchen to make tea and sandwiches. I made a mini-Breakfast and sat down at the table.

"Good morning!" - Malik greeted me happily as he entered the kitchen and sat down across from me at the table.

"Good morning" - I said, sipping hot green tea.

Malik's story:

In absolute darkness, she sat on the floor in the far corner, her face buried in her lap, and there were muffled sobs. A cornered, wounded animal. She couldn't even hide her emotions as usual. I have often been able to observe this side.

Luki was usually cheerful, open, and determined. She worked tirelessly and tried to help the living and the dead, while completely forgetting about herself.

I'm near. I'll be there. That's all right. I want to hold her, comfort her. But this is not possible. I am just a ghost who cannot hug, hug a person.

I hesitantly stretched out my hand to the girl, and barely touched the top of her head with my translucent hand, but the hand passed by.

I am now just a relic of the past that could not be reborn, forced to wander around the world in search of salvation. In search of reassurance, realizing that he could not go quietly to the next world.

You tried to help me, to save my soul, but ... I don't want to leave until you're happy. That's why I made up the story that I don't remember how I died, that I don't remember my family, and it's just to be near you.

Where did this overwhelming desire to protect and help come from?

"Malik, thank you for always being there for me" - Luki smiled at me.

Now that she met this family, something has changed in her, she began to smile more often. And I really want that smile to always shine on her face.

"You don't have to say that. Just remember that I will always help you"

"Malik, you are so thoughtful today, did something happen?" - I waved my hand in front of Malik's face, pulling him out of his thoughts and back into reality.

"Don't pay attention" - he said, and I didn't press him.

"Better tell me why yesterday we walked home the long way the other, we always went past the Goetsbeck Manor?" - Malik asks, and he stares at me, waiting for me to say no.

"While you were away, I bumped into a new math Professor at the University, and then I found out that he and his brothers had moved into the Goetsbeck Manor"

"Just because of that? Don't expect me to believe that"

"Baron Dublin died a couple of days later. More precisely, the accidental death of mixing medicine with grapefruit"

"Let me guess, rigged accidental death" - Malik chuckled, leaning back in his chair.

"A search of the house found a will. Now everyone thinks that the Baron wanted to correct and bequeathed all his land to farmers. You know as well as I do what kind of man the Baron is"

"If he wrote such a will, only under someone's manipulation"

"That night at the dinner with the Baron, there were the same brothers and... lady Michelle and Mr. Barton..."

"Here's the reason for the murder!" - I got up from the table and began to walk around the room, and Malik continued to say - "I remember that three years ago, the Baron did not give his personal doctor to save lady Michelle's son, and also demanded money from his parents for a glass of water.... You think those brothers helped them get revenge?"

"Malik do you think you can find someone in this city who knows what Furanocoumarin?"

"I don't know what it is, but I think it's only a person who is smart and reads a lot of scientific books, and in this situation, there was just such a person in the Baron's Manor"

"Yes, Malik, that's exactly what I was thinking. This Professor is very smart, but it seems to me that there is another motive for the murder, but I can't figure out what it is..."

I can't understand why Grandfather stood up for him, because you also understood that it was murder.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" - Malik said a familiar phrase - "you need to know your enemy as well as possible to be prepared for all possible troubles that he can cause"

"Are you saying I should be friends with him?" - I looked at Malik in surprise, and he just giggled and left the room, saying - " I'm going to take a look at brothers."

I need something to take my mind off this, so I went to my room and read the letters that Chutaro sent me.

Ididn't know then that the so-called "enemy" would get so close to methat I wouldn't even have the strength to resist it.