Chapter-6

WE MEET MR.REGINALD

And yes, we obviously didn't get to Springfield in ten minutes. But then, there came a very big twist.

My dad was pathetically apologizing to me about how he could not even drive a car to fulfil his own daughter's dreams. Poor dad. But inside, I was freaking out. We didn't get to Pinch of Yum's office on time. My heart was thudding with-was it hope? fear? I had no idea. The only way was to somehow persuade the head person to let me in. We went inside the huge hall- Pinch of Yum's head office. It was plain magnifique. A big, glittery chandelier sparkled like a thousand fireflies huddled together. Gotta say, even better than my house.

Also, the thud was killing me. It was like some thriller movie, but instead the backdrop was chic, and not like some dark forest. There was this receptionist at the reception . When my dad asked him if we could meet Mr.Reginald(that's the head guy), his eyes threw wide open like Sabrina's song. "OH my great chilly pie of Lilliput! Are you Cyrus Mington? My holy luck! Omg!" and he went on. My dad gave his chill-dude-I'll-give-you-a-selfie look. And, he did. Coming back to the point, we got permission to meet Mr.Reginald. My dad is Cyrus Mington you guys.

Mr.Reginald's office was classy and elegant. Straight out of a thriller movie villain's room. But Mr.Reginald was quite the opposite. Although he looked like those big businessmen from the movies(he is one but you get the idea), the kindest person ever. But who was this Mr.Reginald huh? That question erupted in my head. He looked so familiar to me, but my bad memory, I couldn't recognise him. On seeing my dad he was surprised, but not as much as that receptionist. The receptionist needs an award for uttering the most words in a minute-some 8547 at least. He told us to take our seats and asked me, "Why miss, aren't you the talented little chef I met at the store a few days ago? Weren't your pastries delicious! Still have the memory of the taste in my mouth." And it all rewinded. Boom flashback. Mr.Reginald was the man in the red suit who tasted our sample pastries at the shop where Sita and me spilled flour! WOW my miraculous luck.

I was like, "Yes sir, a pleasure to meet you again. I'm surprised that you still remember me." Then I told him all about the trouble I went through for registering. He was nothing but glad. He said, "That's not a problem my dear! We would love to have you on the show! You have so much potential and I am pleased that you took the effort to come here and meet me. The deadline is not a problem. The shooting starts only next week. I am only taking you in as I have seen the budding chef inside you"

And that was all I needed to hear.

Yours Jumpily doing a happy dance,

Mel Mington

https://open.spotify.com/track/4pbrp5dxpqjfaf4GiS6YuO?si=h4LwxqNXRAWjdtGeA35t-w - sup song reference!