05| disappear

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

I entered the cafe and was greeted by the scent of sweet vanilla. I quickly put on an apron and joined my friends at the back where they were icing the cupcakes.

"Hey! Your here!" Beth and Ava wave there hands greeting me. I wave back with a smile. A smile that didn't meet my eyes. The events from the night before still haunting me. I couldn't believe I embarrassed myself in front of Darius twice.

Not once but twice!

He saw me as a idiotic mess and a crying mess. For goodness sakes is there anything more embarrassing that I could do in front of him that I haven't already done. At this point, God you can take me up.

"Hallie, can you please get the sprinkles for the cupcakes?" Ava asks me.

"Of course." I turn around and head to the cabinets where all the sprinkles were located. I open the cabinet door and see all the different sprinkle patterns. Not sure of what to pick, I turn around and ask Ava.

"What pattern of sprinkle should I get for the cupcakes?"

"The blue and gold."

I turn back around and look for the blue and gold. Upon seeing it, I grab the container and walk back to my friends.

"Okay, found it."

"Thanks Hallie. Can you also sprinkle the sprinkles on all the cupcakes while Beth and I finish up icing the rest of the cupcakes?" I nod and begin doing my task all the while trying to keep a certain man out of my mind.

I don't know what got over me yesterday. My emotions exceeded over its capacity. I have held my emotions in for a long time concealing myself from the problems I have chosen to evade but yesterday hearing the one word that truly effected me had my walls crumbling down quicker then I could hold it together. For many years, I have been constantly trying to make my father proud and to restore our once strong relationship but ever time I have failed.

Darius was right though. I am a disappointment. I clearly can't do anything right and always end of making a mess of things. Maybe this is why my father loves Bree more. She was the definition of a perfect daughter. The daughter I could never be.

"I heard that we might be getting a new employee for this shift."

"Really?" I asked diverting my mind from the certain golden haired boy.

"I will be upset if someone new joins our shift. It won't be just us three anymore. I don't want to work with other people. I only like working with you guys." Ava pouts and stomps her feet on the ground childishly.