chapter 2

The papers in [name]'s hand had crinkled up a bit from her flipping it back once then flung it forward, bending the center of the clipped papers. Her eyebrows furiously questioned in waves at the information on the white, thin sheets of wood with typed lines over it. Her co-worker walked through the hall into the room and sat in his chair beside her, watching her lean against his desk as her support before the large white board standing in front of them.

"Files came in一her name is Bridgette Savat, age twenty seven, her family originates from Sumeru, however she was born in Fontaine. She moved to here and has been working in Feiyun Publishing for the past four years as an editor."

Kim Joo-ran, their other co-worker, chuckled. "A visionist? As an editor?"

[name] rose a brow at Joo-ran. "Are you saying that a visionist can't be an editor?"

Joo-ran shook his head. "Not it, just unexpected."

"You read too much into stereotypes then." [name] glanced over to the man beside him. "Park, what was her vision."

Park Oh-seok, the one that had just sat himself down and had called her a couple days earlier on the phone raised a brow at her. "Ya... I'm your senior, shouldn't you at least be more polite with me?"

[name] faked him a smile. "Ahjussi, [1] you've been working on the case, correct? Do you know what her vision is?"

Oh-seok slightly grinned at her. "Omo..! You actually said it, it almost gave me some chills!"

She playfully hit him. "Say it, are you going to tell me now?"

"Since my junior asked, I don't see why not." He cleared his throat overlooking the documents he brought with him.

"Her vision is..." Just as he was about to answer, his voice started trailing off, face contorting into one of confusion. He abruptly stood out of his seat swinging the document up in the air. "Wait, hold on, that doesn't make sense at all..."

She impatiently tapped her foot on the ground. "Don't keep the suspense to yourself, what is it?"

"It says that her vision is Hydro."

While Joo-ran's eyes increasingly widened, [name]'s eyes fell flat into slits. "Are you sure? Did you even read it correctly?"

Oh-seok was now the one giving her a similar look of loss. "That's rude, [last name]. I may be in my late thirties, but I can still read, you know."

Joo-ran casually ignored his comment. "Why would he suddenly target a Hydro vision user? First Geo, then Dendro, then Pyro and now Hydro? That doesn't make any sense..!"

[name] slammed the separate files in her hands on top of the desk. "Answer's obvious: that fucker is trying to throw us off."

Clack..! Clack..!

The noise of heels was heard thumping down the wooden tiled hall. A woman dressed in a fine wine red dress trudged into view, swinging her purse around.

A younger looking officer frantically chased after her. "M- miss, calm down, please一 "

"Move out of the way!" She screeched, brown eyes turning ice cold at a certain officer standing beside [name]. "Park Oh-seok, you better have a good explanation for who Charlotte is!"

Oh-seok awkwardly glanced away, shoulders freezing up on the spot. [name] nudged him in the shoulder with her elbow. "Who is she? She looks like she could rip off the head of the Barbatos statue in central square with her two hands."

He gulped a nervously chunk of saliva down his throat. "My wife."

[name] gave him a questioning gaze. "And, you didn't bother telling her who Charlotte is?"