chapter 7

The noon was just on its way towards sundown. It had been nearly two weeks at this point, and while she still stumbled, [name] didn't particularly need a certain blonde's help with guiding her around anymore. The two were sitting around the campfire as Bedo finished prepping dinner, and was just letting the soup simmer and boil first.

"I've been meaning to ask." Bedo started, stirring the soup around the pot with a ladle. "What exactly is that... Trinket of yours?"

Her eyes widened with curiosity. "Trinket? What trinket?"

The blonde gestured over to glock resting beside the [hair color] haired girl's Cryo vision. Stumbling over to it, she carefully picked the black weapon up in a slow demeanor, checking to see if the safety pin was on first before waving the gun in the air. "This?" She whispered with bewilderment. "I can't tell if you're lying. Are you playing around with me, or do you genuinely have no idea about what this is?"

"I'm clueless." He simply stated.

"I was sure that everyone would know what this is."

"Without a single thought, if you asked me."

She stole a glance at the gun, finger tapping onto the side of the barrel. "Guess I'll actually be able to teach you something for once, huh?"

He awaited quietly, watching as each tap tapped on it, signified a part of the lesson.

"It's a gun一a weapon that can be shot from a wide range like a bow and arrow."

He nodded understandingly.

She rotated it in her hand from one side to the other side. "There are different variations of guns: such as rifles, shotguns, revolvers一my own however is a Glock, a variation of a pistol. Specifically, a Glock-19. Pistols are best shot at a closer range, usually, they lack in terms of calibers to that of a revolver, a similar type to a pistol but more dangerous."

"A caliber?"

"How do I explain this... Oh! Imagine two arms, one is shorter than the other. If both arms are swinging at the same time, in the same direction at the same pace, then released at the same time, which one would have more impact if it were to hit something."

He crossed an arm over the other, studying the weapon from afar. "The longer one, as it has a wider range of force."

"The same applies to calibers in guns: the wider the barrel of the gun, the stronger the impact. But, since my gun is a pistol and lacks less calibers to that of a revolver, it has more carriage in ammunition to a revolver as it has more space. Neat, don't you think?"

"So that's how it works..."

The gun? Didn't he say just now that he had no idea?

"Are you an outlander?"

Now that she thought about it...

"I suppose..?" She uttered, confused.

It wasn't like she was lying一in terms of being an outlander to Mondstadt, or even any direct full lineage to the seven nations, she wasn't a native.

"As far as I know, such weapons don't particularly exist here in Mondstadt." He mentioned in the blue in which she least expected to it.

"So, you already knew what it actually was?"

"Not exactly." His eyes narrowed down at the weapon. "Although, I've seen it before with my own eyes that the Fatui of the Snezhnayan army have started carrying similar weapons you've described around with them. A lot of them trench through here in Dragonspine."

Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach as those words receded from his mouth.

"No... No way..! That's violating one of the agreements of the Seven Nations Treaty!"