three

ara

"2 more days until I get to come to you guys!" Taehyung screamed over the phone. "I know I know I'm so excited!" Jimin says back. Me and the guys were out to eat for lunch when Taehyung called Jimin. I was sitting next to Jimin and in front of Seokjin. Beside Jin was Hobi, and Jungkook. Beside Jimin was Yoongi and Namjoon. All of the conversations we were having, everybody could join in so nobody feels left out.

"Hey Yoongi, how are you doing on all that music you were making." "Ah, shush! You weren't supposed to say anything else about it around everyone else." Yoongi scolds the younger boy. Jungkook lowers his head and Hobi pats his shoulder. I look up at Jungkook and he looks disappointed that he said anything. So, I said something. "Well now you have to tell us. We don't keep secrets." Everyone started telling Yoongi to tell us and Jimin leans over to me. "You sure you don't have any secrets?" He smirks at me. I hit his shoulder and said "Yes, you are my best friend I tell you everything." He laughs a bit before turning his head in the other direction. "Yeah okay." He says under his breathe. He has a smile on his face. "I can't stand you!" I say just below a whisper smile as well.

"Okay fine," Yoongi finally folds. "I am trying to create an album called Agust D." "Gloss." Jimin snickers and Yoongi hits him in the back of the head. "Sh. Anyways, I don't know what I need to do to finish it and, as much as I would hate to admit it, I need some help." Yoongi says quietly. "Let me and Hoseok. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm a quick learner and Hoseok is just as musically inclined as you." Yoogni shrugs. "Whatever."

~

After Lunch, Jimin and I wanted to go home. I was just uncomfortable because yeah, I have ONE secret. But it's to keep my friends safe and my friendships even safer. And it's not my fault Jimin treats me as I were his girlfriend. We are just really close, we always have been. I would get bullied in grade school and Jimin would always be there to protect me or stand up to the bullies. In high school, I was really really sad. I was depressed and I got made fun of for not caring about my appearance. I stop caring about everything that had something to do with myself pretty much. He pulled me out of that and helped me through all of that. I couldn't be more thankful for him.

"Ara!" Jimin yelled into my ear. I just and cover my ear. "Ouch! What?" "I'm sorry. You were just looking at me and not blinking or saying anything I didn't know, I thought something was wrong I'm sorry." He pouts. "Jiminie! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. It just hurt my ear. I'm really sorry." I hug him and he smiles back at me. "It's okay! I'm okay now!" I smile back at him and lay my head on his chest. "Are you ready to start dinner?" He asked and I nod my head as we both get up from the couch. 

We being to cook for ourselves. We are having japchae tonight. He was cooking the veggies and I was cooking the meat and noodles. "Check the veggies hun. I've got to go to the bathroom real quick. Can you watch the meat?" He nods and turns around the stir the veggies and checks the noodles.

I walk into the bathroom and use the bathroom wash my hands and open the door to leave the bathroom. I hear my phone vibrating on the coffee table. I pick it up to see Taehyung calling me. "Hello." "Ara? Can I ask you something?" "Yeah of course. What's up?" "Is Jimin around?" I look around. He's still in the kitchen. "Nope he's in the kitchen cooking dinner. Is everything okay?" "Yes. I, um. Well, I had something to tell you but now that I think about it the worst it seems so I will tell you another day. Bye!" "Wait Taehy-" The line goes dead. That was weird. "Ara? Who was that?" "Taehyung. He said he had something to tell me but then said never mind and then hung up in my face. It was weird." I shrugged and got up from the couch and walked back into the kitchen, followed my Jimin, finishing dinner.

After dinner, me and Jimin played some bored games and tried to keep ourselves busy. "I could always help you do your planning. I imagine that can be stressful." Jimin says rolling the dice and moving his Monopoly piece. I smile at him and say "Yeah that would help." Jimin shifted his position uncomfortably. "Are you okay Jimin? You've been acting weird since dinner." I trail off my sentence. He shrugs and inhales deeply. He holds it in for a minute but exhales softly. Jimin isn't the one to usually admit something, but I guess in this case he doesn't really have a choice, according to him of course. He thinks for a minute before opening his mouth to say something. "Are you sure Taehyung didn't say anything to you? Like at all?" He furrows his eyebrows and I nod my head slowly. "Do you not believe me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He wags his finger at me and gets up fixing his light grey button up. His chest and arms are visible through the tight shirt. His black slacks fall to his ankles as he stands up. His thighs are big and also visible through the tight pants.

"Don't start Ara. I'm not in the mood." He looks away from me and walks into the kitchen. "Don't start what? In the mood for what?" I ask confused. "Accusing me of not believing you. Every time I just want to make sure of something you always pull the 'Do you not believe me?' I never said I didn't believe you I just wanted to make sure." He says from the kitchen. He grabbed a beer and he comes back to sit on the couch. "You were just fine not even an hour ago. Now your all of a sudden "not in the mood". What happened?" I asked. He opens his beer and leans back on the couch. "I just didn't have a good day, that's all." He mumbles. I look at him and tilt my head. He takes a drink of his beer and puts it on the table. "We were together all day? How did you not have a good day? I would have noticed if something was wrong." Jimin rolls his eyes at me and just shrugs. "Okay. Then what is your problem? Because now, I'm not in the mood." I asked starting to get a bit irritated. "What are you not in the mood for?" He asked tilting his head. He is slightly smirking. I'm giving him something he wants.

"I don't have a problem A. First of all, we weren't together all day. I had to show a house earlier but that's not the point. The point is, you just keep assuming that there is something wrong with me there isn't anything wrong with me. I'm just stressed, okay?" He sits back. He shifts his position again, but this time I see the confidence in his eyes. He's getting cocky. Or is he proud? "Then why do you want to know what Taehyung said so badly? It's not like anything he could've told me could've been a big deal. Just let it go, it's not that impo-" 

"Taehyung told me that he kind of likes you. And that he was going to tell you that tonight. But I guess he fucked it up, just like I knew he would." He states. My mouth drops open. He tilts his head and smirks. "Not that big of a deal, huh?" I scoff at his comment. "Jimin, be nice. Maybe he is shy. It's not like you could've done any better." I get up on the couch, looking at him. He smirks at me and leans his body toward me a bit. "You wanna bet?" I shrug and take a sip of my wine. I take a strawberry out of the bowl that I have on the table and eat it. Then I pick up the whole bowl.

"See, if I was Tae, I would have easily waiting until I was here. But I didn't. I wanted to tell you so bad, that I couldn't wait until I got here. Stand up please." I look up at him with the most unamused look on my face. He puts two fingers forward and moves them up as if he were telling me to get up with his fingers. I put my wine glass and strawberry bowl down and stand up. He grabs my hands. I look down at our hands and I look back up at him. His eyes are soft and his plump lips are curled up into a smirk. I gulp. Jimin's hair hangs over his eyes, parted in the middle. He knows I'm nervous. I'm stuck. I can't move. My mouth is partly open. I'm staring into his eyes. Does he know?

"I would grab your hands, and look at you in the eyes and say 'Lee Ara. I have liked you ever since I laid my eyes on you. We have been best friend for almost 14 years now and you are the best person that has ever walked into my life.' And I would continue to look into your eyes. I would bring your chin up to my face with just one finger." He says as he does so. "And I would kiss you. Really passionately." His face is really close to mine. I feel his breathe on my lips. His lips brush against mine. I gulp again.

"But I am not Taehyung." He lets go of my face and my hand and backs away. He walks into the kitchen to get another beer. I am still standing there mouth closed, scared to say or do anything. He walks back into the living room sitting on the couch pulling out his phone. Did he just- Was that almost a- What just- Huh? I shake my head and grab my phone and my purse. "I'm going- I have to- I will be back." I slip my shoes on and run out of the house without my jacket. I quickly drive to Namjoon's house.