you have a nightmare (requested)

Billie awoke from her light slumber over the sounds of whimpers falling from your lips. Upon hearing the sound, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she reached to turn the lamp on.

She immediately felt a rush of worry come over her upon seeing your pained expression and hearing the mumbled pleas falling from your lips.

"Y/n? Y/n, wake up!" She said as she scooted closer to you. Shaking your shoulder, she spoke your name softly and watched you with worried eyes. "Y/n!"

You sat up suddenly, a shriek falling from your lips. You panted heavily as you looked around the room. Beads of sweat were on your forehead and your chest rose and fell heavily, leaving you breathless and anxious.

"Y/n?"

You jumped at the sound of Billie's voice but when you saw her face you threw your arms around her and clung to her as tightly as possible.

"Are you okay? You scared me!"

"I had the worst dream. It was really bad!"

"It was only a dream. Just a really bad dream. That's all, baby."

You panted and squeezed your eyes shut. Focusing on her hand rubbing up and down your back, you breathed in the smell of her body wash lingering on her skin and relished in the comfort of her safe, warm arms.

"What happened in your dream? You can tell me if you want. You can get it all off your chest, I'll listen." She soothed, staring down at you and kissing your head lingeringly.

"There was someone chasing me. I tried to run and, for a while I did, but near the end, before I woke up, it was like I was frozen and I couldn't run anymore. The person was catching up to me and," you paused, the memory of the terrible and terrifying dream still lingering and starting to work you up once again.

"Okay, it's okay. It was all just a bad dream but it's over now. I've got you. I'm right here with you and you're safe. So relax and focus on me."

You nodded and did as she said; finding comfort in everything about her, more than ever before. From her soft voice in your ear to her touch to her warm embrace. The way she held you, the way her heart beat with love for you. You let your worries all fade away and let the memory of the terrible nightmare you had slipped from your mind.

You felt your back hit the mattress. You opened your eyes to find Billie staring back at you, twirling your hair around her finger and sending you a sad smile.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm feeling a little better."

"Good." She whispered before kissing your forehead.

Beginning to hum your favorite song softly, your eyes closed once more. You didn't allow for any worries or thoughts to fill your brain again. You simply focused on Billie and allowed for her to send you to sleep once more.

She stared at you adoringly and kept a close eye on you for a good ten, fifteen minutes. She wanted to make sure you were really asleep and that you were more at ease now than before. Once she saw you were asleep and sleeping peacefully, only then did she fall back beside you and turn off the lamp.

She made sure you were tucked in with your blanket before she pulled her own over herself. She kissed your head and said, "Goodnight, baby. Sleep well. Have only good dreams now," before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep, hoping you'd sleep through the rest of the night and would experience only good, happy dreams now.