Chapter 3

3rd person POV

Peridot was confused by what Connie had said. Peridot eventually shook it off and thought nothing of it. Steven however was wondering what Connie and Peridot were talking about. He was happy that they became friends. It was nearing the end of the day, it was around 7:00. They had all said their goodbyes to Steven. Steven was getting tired, he announced to the gems he was going to go to bed.

Steven: "I'm gonna get to bed now."
Pearl: "That's good, you had a big day today and need your rest." She said in a motherly tone.

The gems said goodnight and went off to their rooms. Steven had nice dreams while he was asleep and after what felt like nothing at all. It was day.

The next day
7:30
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
Steven's cookie cat alarm clock was going off telling him to wake up. Steven felt refreshed and ready for the day. Steven smelled the delicious scent that was Pearls cooking. Steven was hungry and Pearl made him pancakes for breakfast. He hurried down the stairs two at a time. And had plopped himself on one of the chairs next to the table in the kitchen.

Pearl: "Oh, good morning Steven. How did you sleep?" She asked the hybrid.

Steven: "I slept pretty well. Oh wow that smells amazing Pearl!" Steven excitedly said.

Pearl had put the plate with pancakes on the table in front of Steven. Steven had started eating and loved it, as always.

Steven: "Wow Pearl, your cooking is the best."

Pearl: "Well it's my job to take care of you after all." She reassured Steven.

Steven: "And I appreciate that you do."

Amethyst and Garnet walked out of their rooms in the temple having a light conversation. Steven and Pearl looked over to see them talking. Steven as always, wondered what they were talking about.

Steven: "Hi guys!" Steven greeted the two gems.

Amethyst: "Hey Steve-O!"

Garnet: "And how's our little Steven doing today?"

Steven: "I'm doing wonderful!" Steven told the two gems with an enthusiastic voice.

Pearl: "And that's good to hear, now will you please finish your breakfast Steven?" Pearl said in a motherly tone.

Steven went back over to the table and started eating the rest of his pancakes. Once he finished Steven got up and told the gems he was heading out.

Steven: "I promised connie we would hang out."

Pearl: "Okay, have fun Steven." The gem said washing Steven's dishes.

Steven went out to the beach and saw Connie walking towards the temple.

Steven: "HI CONNIE!" Steven shouted running down the steps to the temple.

Connie: "Hi Steven. How are you?" She asked Steven.

Steven: "I'm doing great." He reassured her. "How are you?"

Connie: "I'm doing good too." She said as they both started heading to beach city.

They started to walk to the big donut to grab a small snack, when they say Peridot on the beach.

Connie: "What's Peridot doing on the beach?"

Steven: "I don't know, do you think we should go see?" Steven asked as Connie replied with a stern yes.

To be continued

525 words. That's a record! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I want to get another one out before Christmas. As I was writing this chapter, I realized. *huh, Greg wasn't at Steven's birthday.* I may or may not fix that. (Probably not) A break for school is coming up on Friday for Christmas, I'll have a lot of time to write then. So until then HAPPY HOLIDAYS!