CHAPTER 5: Answer Me

It had been days since the day I had finally told Mino my name. A week to be exact. Ever since that day he has been coming to the store regularly just to see me and try to convince me to have lunch with him. Lately, he has even started bringing me food to eat since the third day I had said no to going out to eat with him. 

"I'll be right back with food." Mino smiled and left the store. I just shook my head and continued doing my job. "Aiy just go out with the guy already." I heard someone say. "Hm?" I turned to face the person who had said that. "He's a great guy. He's always here asking if you need anything, asking you out on dates that you sometimes even accept and for gods sake MinJung he has been bringing you your favorite meals for the last four days. Just go out with him!" Jennie laughed. "I've only known him for a week!" I exclaimed not believing the words that were coming out of her mouth. "Actually a week and one day to be exact. Don't forget that night at the club you met him." Jennie pointed out. "Aiy don't remind me about that!" I covered my ears and shut my eyes tight.

"Remind you what? That you met him at a club?" She asked while we started walking back to the cash register. "Yes that." I sadly sighed. "What's wrong?" Jennie's voice became more quiet and concerned. "It's just that... I feel like it could have been any girl at the club not just me. I was just... there." I sat down on the stool with my head looking down at my hands that were now on my lap. 

"Hey don't say that. He went up to you and no other girl for a reason." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Oh yeah and what's that?" I looked up at her. Jennie gave me a small smile before saying. "Because you're a beautiful girl that clearly likes to have fun." She smiled. "That doesn't help. There's a lot of beautiful girls and if they're at a club they obviously like to have fun." I sighed. "But you're more beautiful than all of them could ever be." She stood in front of me.

I looked up blankly at her, but I couldn't manage to say anything. "If you don't believe me then why don't you ask him yourself when he comes back?" She said giving me a cheap smile. "I don't think I want to see him for at least the rest of the day though." I sighed as I stood up from the stool and walked out from behind the counter. "W- what? Wait where are you going?" She stuttered and after a few moments, I could hear her footsteps from behind, but I just ignore her and left the store.

As I walked through the mall I took out my phone to check the time. My lunch break had started 10 minutes ago and Mino always left 20 minutes before it started just in case so when he got back he would be there right when it started. I knew that that meant that when he got back Jennie would tell him I had left. 'Aiy I need to stop thinking of him and just relax.' I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and continued walking trying to push the thoughts of Mino aside. 

I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going. I was too lost in my thoughts to even care. That is until I hit a hard surface causing me to fall onto the floor.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need help? Here let me help you." 

I was on the floor after bumping into someone. My arms were out behind for support as I slightly leaned back due the impact when I hit the floor. After a few seconds of trying to think of what had happened I finally looked up to see who I had bumped into so harshly. When I looked up I saw a guy leaned forward offering me his hand with a worried face. I looked at him for a few seconds. "Here let me help you get up." He said so I slowly pulled my hand up and grabbed onto his. Right when I placed my hand on his opened hand, he closed it and gently pulled me up to my feet.