CHAPTER 6: Almost The Perfect Guy

MinJung's POV

I could see the store a few feet away when I began to hear running behind me. Ignoring it I barged into the store knowing perfectly well who was running after me.

"Oh you found her!" Jennie chirped happily walking out from behind the counter. I walked right past her and towards my boss' office, "huh?" Jennie said confused. Once I reached the office I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. No answer. "She went out to go eat lunch and left me in charge. Why do you want to talk to her anyway?" Jennie walked from behind me still confused. I turned around. "I need to talk to her about something." I said in a monotone while I walked right past her yet again only to have Mino stand in my way. There was suddenly silence. No words were said, only me glaring at Mino and Mino looking at me with an apologetic look was seen.

"Uh. I'll leave you two alone." "No." I said still looking at Mino. "You stay here in charge of the store. I'll leave. Tell boss to call me when she gets back." I told Jennie before pushing through Mino and towards the front door. Footsteps could clearly be heard coming from behind me and already knowing who it was I stopped in my tracks. "I want to be alone." I said softly before walking out the store leaving Mino and Jennie behind.

I was sitting in a table for two in a small coffee shop in town with a cup of Latte in my hands. It had been about twenty minutes since I had left the store to come over here to think. I sat there silently looking at my Latte while the soft quiet music from the coffee shop played in the background.

My phone began ringing. I took out my phone from my jeans back pocket. "Boss." read the caller ID.

"Hello." I answered the phone.

"MinJung I just got back from my lunch break. Jennie told me you said to call you. What's this about?" My boss asked with a hint of concern.

"Yes, I needed to talk to you." I told her tracing the rim of my cup.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I need some time off." I boldly told her as I stopped tracing the rim of the cup.

"Why? Is something wrong? Did something happen?" My boss asked worried.

"No. I just need a week to take care of some things."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the phone.

"You do know if I give you a week off I won't be paying you for that week, right?" She finally spoke.

"Yeah I know." I looked down at my Latte.

"Alright." She sighed.

"Thank you." I said before ending the call and placing my phone aside.

Flashback...

"Why did you go up to me that day at the club? Why didn't you pick a different girl? Why me?" I slowly unfolded my arms until they were just hanging at my sides again. I got no reply. "Why?" I asked getting mad. Still no answer, he just looked at the ground silently. "Mino answer me!" I was starting to get frustrated with him, but yet again no answer. I clenched my jaw and my hands formed into fists.

End of flashback...

I sighed at the memory of it and closed my eyes. The reason why I was still here sitting alone at this coffee shop was no longer because I was mad about not getting an answer from Mino. What happened then was only a small thing that caused me to snap and realize that I didn't want to believe that Mino stuck around because of who I was as a person even if it was true. I didn't want to believe it because I wasn't feeling happy with myself.