𝟬𝟬𝟱. 𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗋𝖾𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝗎𝗂𝗅𝗍

𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲
REGRET AND GUILT

𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐲REGRET AND GUILT

UMBRIDGE'S CLASS WAS DESPERATELY DULL, almost as bad as listening to Professor Binns'

UMBRIDGE'S CLASS WAS DESPERATELY DULL, almost as bad as listening to Professor Binns'. Xavier felt his concentration sliding away from him; he had soon realized he read the same line half a dozen times without taking in more than the first few words. Several silent minutes passed. Next to him, Draco was absent-mindedly turning his quill over and over in his fingers, staring at the same spot on the page. Xavier glanced around and received a surprise.

          Hermione had not even opened her copy of Defensive Magical Theory. She was staring fixedly at Professor Umbridge with her hand in the air.

          Several more minutes had passed, however, Xavier was not the only one watching Hermione. The chapter they had been instructed to read was so tedious that more and more people were choosing to watch Hermione's mute attempt to catch Professor Umbridge's eye rather than struggle on with 'Basics for Beginners'.

When more than half the class were staring at Hermione rather than at their books, Professor Umbridge seemed to decide that she could ignore the situation no longer.

"Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?" she asked Hermione, as though she had only just noticed her.

"Not about the chapter, no." Hermione objected.

"Well, we're reading just now." Professor Umbridge smiled, showing her small pointed teeth. "If you have other queries we can deal with them at the end of class."

"I've got a query about your course aims." Hermione spoke.

Professor Umbridge raised her eyebrows.

"And your name is?"

"Hermione Granger." Hermione answered.

"Well, Miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully." Professor Umbridge said in a voice of determined sweetness.