It's Just All Easier Said Than Done

A week has passed and everything seems perfect. Kei and I's relationship was stronger than ever. After Yuji had said what he said, he understood what he was missing... or at least that's how I thought he felt.

Kei and I decided to go to a party. We really don't go out that much, especially to parties because they aren't really both of our scenes, but when Yuji called me telling me to come, I gathered the courage to tell Kei and he agreed.

We were getting ready and I was having a lot of trouble figuring out what I wanted to wear.

"Kei?" I called out.

"Yes?" he responded.

He walked into the closet and stood behind me. I turned around and pouted. "I have absolutely no clue what I want to wear" I whined.

"Wear whatever? You look good in anything. There's not really anyone you're trying to impress, is there"?

"Well, no one but myself and that's the fucking problem. I literally will not leave this apartment if I feel like I look like shit, Kei".

He stared at the closet before pulling out a bodycon dress. "This one"?

I stared at the dress in shock. Normally, Kei would get pissed off if I ever decided to wear that out. He always said it brought too much unwanted attention to me, causing an argument to arise. Maybe because I'm with him so he can scare people off if they try to approach me the wrong way? I began to become suspicious, a feeling I've constantly been having the whole week since we've been okay.

"Sure. That's a good choice" I smiled.

We got dressed and headed to the car.

"How long do you wanna stay?" Kei questioned.

"Eh, maybe an hour or two. You know how I am at social events. My social battery runs out way too quickly, and if I'm not sober, definitely quicker than normal".

"Alright. Just let me know when".

We arrived at the party and the first person to approach me was none other than Yuji.

"Yuji!!!" I squealed out of excitement.

"(y/n)!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" he replied with the same energy I gave him. He gave me a tight hug which I gave back. Once he let go, his brown eyes fixed to Kei's. At that moment, it went from a pleasant evening to what felt like a showdown. Kei hadn't heard from or about Yuji after that call and has been hesitant about me spending time with him recently. He told me repeatedly that he felt as though Yuji was trying to take me away from him, which I shut down every time.

"Tsukishima" Yuuji addressed Kei.

"Terushima" he responded.

I began to crack my knuckles, a habit a do whenever my anxiety begins to pick up. Kei noticed and cleared his throat.

"Clearly, this situation is making (y/n) uncomfortable, so we'll be heading out" Kei bluntly stated.

"Oh! No! Please, it's fine. I'm o-"

"It's okay, (y/n). You don't have to deal with being uncomfortable for my sake" he interrupted.

"Hey, dipshit, don't cut her off. You didn't let her finish. You have no clue what she wanted" Yuji snapped.

My eyes widened. This is far from what I wanted to happen tonight.

"She's been my fucking girlfriend for over five years. I'm pretty sure I know her pretty well" Kei snapped back.

"Aht, aht. I'll have to cut you both off right there", I heard a voice come from behind. At that moment, I had never been happier to see a bald head. It was Tanaka, not looking too pleased with the situation. I shot him a thankful look, to which he nodded back at.

"We came here to party and have a good time, not argue. So don't bring that shit in here" he said.

Kei sighed. "Right, I'm sorry, (y/n). I let my anger get the best of me, again. But hey, at least I didn't take it out on you this time" he smiled.

I smiled back. "Yeah, it's okay. Let's just go get something to drink?"

"Okay"

Yuuji's POV

I felt my blood begin to boil. The fuck does he mean "at least I didn't out on you this time"? What does he do to her?

"Oi," I heard Tanaka bark. "I know what you're thinking. What the fuck does he mean, right? Look, everyone can see that relationship is toxic but her, so just let it go. She'll figure it out eventually. They seem to be on good terms, so let her be happy while she still is, okay?"

"Okay," I sighed.

I constantly caught myself stealing glances at (y/n) who, like Tanaka said, looked happy. I just sometimes wish it was me who was making her that happy. What once was a platonic love me for, wasn't so platonic anymore, but I'm not one to ruin relationships. Nah, I'll just let Tsukishima ruin that shit for himself.

I turn to Noya, who was high out of mind and took a sip of my water. Noya began to giggle while looking at me.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"You, dummy. How much you stare at (y/n). It's painfully obvious".

"Come on, man. You're overreacting. It's not that bad... is it?"

This only caused Noya to laugh hard.

I looked to Tanaka for confirmation and all he did was nod quickly, with a goofy grin on his face. "Yeah, it really is noticeable. Are you trying to have Tsuki fight you?"

"Yeah, right. Like he would stand a chance", I scoffed.

"Yeah, sure. Just don't get yourself caught into some deep shit. The time will come when she realizes how toxic he is and then you can give her some time to figure herself out and once she does, you can shoot your shot" Tanaka said.

"Yeah, you're right. It's just all easier said than done" I replied, while once again, looking in (y/n)'a direction.

I knew it would be a long wait before any of that would happen, but I've already been waiting for so long. I didn't want to give up, but fuck, I'm becoming so tired. I just need her to see how bad this is for her. But I'm not going to push it on her. She'll see it and then, everything will be the way I want it to be. She'll be the (y/n) who's happy again.

____________________  

A/N: Hey!!! Sorry for this chapter is so short and dry. I had writer's block so I kinda had no clue what to write about, such also means I might not be updating as frequently or as soon as I have been. Once I get enough inspiration and ideas, I swear I'll go back to spitting out chapters, especially during this winter break. On that note, please don't be afraid to drop ideas or headcanons. I'm always down for new ideas! Anyways, thank you so much for reading!! I hope you guys are enjoying it! :)