Chapter 3

Izuku's pov

Kacchan is being super secretive. He asked me if I would hurt him. What happened in the past 2 years? I told him I wouldn't push it for at least now. But I'm going to find out.

"Actually Kacchan no one knows about my crazy side or anything heh." I say as we were walking back to school holding hands.

"You sure do seem like a soft boy." He snickered.

"Well I changed. I've also been doing better about my pyromania thing. My impulses have calmed down. Nobody but you know about the good old days as I call them." I told him.

"So a soft cinnamon roll is what they think of the green haired, happy smiles, legging and sweater wearing kid is?" He scoffed.

"Yeah. So don't bring it up. Or at least not yet." I told him as we entered through the school gates.

"You're back!"

"Midoriya that is awfully disrespectful!"

"Where'd you go?"

"Who exactly is he?"

"What happened?
"They're back!" So many questions and voices I only heard the last one loud and clear.

"Midoriya, Bakugou. I'd like to speak to you two outside."

"Yes Aizawa." I responded.

"Come on Kacchan let's go." I was still grabbing his hand as we turned around to go wait in the hallway.

"Hopefully he won't call Dabi." I heard Kacchan mutter. I stopped myself from asking why he would call Dabi and not his parents.

"I'm sure we will be fine. I'll talk ok?" I reassured him. Aizawa was starting to take a while so Kacchan sat down. I decided to sit down too and I placed my head on my childhood best friend's shoulder as he wrapped an arm around mine. Then I noticed how Kacchan fell asleep as he rested his head on top of mine.

Did he not get enough sleep?

"So what was-" I cut my teacher off by shushing him with a finger over my mouth which he was very shocked by. I had my old mean and serious face from the good old days that I never showed here.

Kacchan has always been there for me. He's a good friend. Even if it's just him sleeping I will protect as he would me. I'll let my mask slip for a little, just for him.

"Kacchan is asleep. He looks like he needs it. We just wanted to go out for a while to catch up. I haven't seen him for 2 years and we just couldn't wait." I said emotionlessly almost as if I were acting like Todoroki.

"Fine but you're both still marked absent for the first two periods and late for this third one. Wake him up in 5." He then walks back into the class.

I did. I stayed there just being happy to see him again. Sure I was happy now but I've always been missing something.

Or maybe it was just Kacchan the whole time.

----------

"Hey Midoriya!" Uraraka yelled as we were packing up for lunch. The others started to come around and ask questions too. This seemed to upset Kacchan but not in the angry way, he looked scared?

"BACK OFF!" I yelled at them and they all shut up due to shock. I stood in front of Kacchan and grabbed his hand.

"Tsk. Move it extras." Kacchan regained his angry persona and scoffed at them while tightening his grip in my hand.

They looked hesitant and as if they had something more to say so I just gave them my serious face and they all gave us a path to walk away.

"Come on Kachan let's go have lunch on the roof." I walked him to the cafeteria and grabbed us some lunches.

"Let's go Mr. Badboy. Roof is over here." I opened the door and we sat down to eat with a great scenery.

----------

After we ate we had to go back to class. Aizawa said we could have a free period so once again people crowded us. I ended up explaining to them that we were childhood friends.

"So you guys knew each other before he moved 2 years ago and skipped to catch up?" Mina questioned.

"Basically. Kacchan is a hothead though so don't anger him. Especially if I'm around." I dropped my happy voice and let venom seep into the last few words so they knew I was serious.

"Stupid nerd." Kacchan laughed at me so I hit his arm.

"Shut up!" I stuck my tongue out.

"So you call Bakugou, Kacchan?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah and I call him Deku. Don't call him that and don't call me that or I'll beat the shit out of you." Kacchan threatened.

"But you guys are like complete opposites an-"

"Language Bakugou." Todoroki was saying before being cut off by Iida. Kacchan just laughed.

"That isn't the worse thing I can say and you guys are stupid to think we're complete opposi-" I smacked his arm again and gave him the 'shut up' look and so he did.

Over the next couple days my classmates did see how Kacchan was a complete hothead. But it concerned me whenever I asked to go to his place to hangout he said he can't.

"No, I'm busy." I asked again after 3 weeks of him moving here.

"Does it have something to do with that gang you're in?" I asked him.

Katsuki's pov

"Kind of." I told Deku after he asked for the millionth time to come over. I feel bad lying but he will find out next week.

It's not completely lying either. The gang wants me to babysit again because Dabi has to make some extra runs. I'm also cooking for the little ones.

"Isn't Bakugou just some stupid angry Pomeranian?" I heard a voice once Deku left.

"Yeah he's so annoying. How is he even friends with Midoriya." I didn't bother thinking about who was talking since it wasn't like I remembered their names anyway.

"Yeah he isn't very kind, neither does he speak or act appropriately." That was definitely the glasses dude. Probably Deku's friends.

"It's true. He's too.... bi-polar or something of the sort." I hate when people talk about me.

If they knew anything about my life, would it change their perspective? It doesn't matter they shouldn't be saying this either way. I may be hot headed but I still have feelings and my true friends would know my 'soft side' as Deku calls it.

I walked away.

I had better things to do than get in trouble for beating up 4 or 5 students. The kids need me now so I left.